International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
SVN No.: SVN2021.42
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Organizational Unit: Reintegration and Reconciliation (RR)
IOM Classification: G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible.
- Working under the overall supervision of the Reintegration and Reconciliation(RR) Programme Manager and in coordination with the Information, Counselling and Referral Services (ICRS) Project Officer, and the direct supervision of the Medical Doctor in Maiduguri, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing clinical, administrative, and project management support for health assessments and treatment of former associate assisted by the Support for reconciliation and reintegration (S2R) Project. In particular, s/he will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist Medical Doctor in various duties, this includes but not limited to: logistic preparation for medical screening, handling, and safekeeping of individual medical files, collection of biodata and medical history, physical examination, ensuring identity checks of the applicants, and confidentiality of information throughout the screening process.
- Provide health screening to beneficiaries upon their entry into program, as well as on a regular basis during their stay at the Transition Center.
- Support medical doctor in providing medical treatment & referrals of complicated cases.
- Teach & counsel patients & reinforce their understanding of disease, medications & self-care skills, answers general questions.
- In coordination with PSS team, conduct regular health & hygiene awareness sessions with beneficiaries at the center.
- Support in maintaining a safe & clean working environment at all times and conduct sensitization on Covid-19.
- Assist the doctor with monitoring and coordinating procurement for availability of medical supplies.
- Adhere to infection control policies & protocols, medication administration & storage procedures & controlled substance regulations at all times.
- Assist in keeping track of medical supplies & drugs, checking expiration dates & in ensuring & verifying timely replenishment to avoid stock outs.
- In coordination with medical doctor, report the key epidemiological data every week in a timely manner.
- Assist the doctor in collating relevant data & submit reports as required.
- Assist in monitoring and administering medication.
- Assist in Writing reports and maintaining records
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Clinical Nursing, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant experience or Diploma in the above fields with four years of relevant working experience
- Must be registered to practice in Nigeria and with a valid registration license.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations, and private sector entities.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage preferably within the United Nations or within the international humanitarian
- Training and experience in health emergency / first aid will be added advantage
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads and tight timelines.
- Willing to accept a flexible work schedule.
- Attentive to details and accuracy in handling and reporting data.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of the local language.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules and standards of conduct.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Submit their applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position number on subject line.
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to:
- "Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)" and with a subject line SVN2021.42 Maiduguri, Nigeria. Nurse (Reintegration and Reconciliation) G4.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- IOM is committed to adverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
- For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Share this job with friends!!!