Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim - ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health System Strengthening Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Depart: Programmes - Health and Nutrition
Level: Mid Level
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Health System Strengthening Manager
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting a Health Officer who will support the implementation and management of planned health activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- In consultation with HSS Sector Manager carry out health system assessment; diagnosis of the health system in line with defined methodology with the aim of identifying the gap in the targeted facilities, and in the LGAs levels;
- Coordinate the training of frontline health workers on continues medical education;
- Coordinate with the HSS Sector Manager to train frontline health workers through the coordination centre;
- Facilitate the training of frontline health workers identified by the HSS Sector Manager.
- Provide technical support to Health Facilities in the development of facility plans to ensure all identified gaps in the health system are addressed;
- Monitor and report on the quality of nutrition and health services in facilities;
- Present Nutrition and Health service delivery gaps and improvements during the LGA coordination meeting;
- Support and strengthen community participation in the health system;
- Facilitate the implementation of HSS activities in line with HSS activity timeline;
- Ensure budget utilization for HSS interventions in line with the financial forecast and the HSS timelines;
- Ensure compliance to logistic and finance during planning of workshops, trainings and/or meeting that requires financial advances and/or logistical procurement etc;
- Monitor the project activities and output targets are achieved on a monthly basis;
- Maintain close collaboration with LGA Health and Nutrition department and political leadership on health and nutrition issues in the supported LGAs;
- Build relationships with INGOs and local NGOs for synergies in nutrition and health service delivery to avoid duplication of efforts in the targeted LGAs.;
- Follow up of the HSS action plan with ACTION AGAINST HUNGER teams and external stakeholders working in the targeted LGAs;
- Compile monthly reports and share with line manager;
- Organize and lead the LGA based monthly coordination meetings and support LGA teams on health and nutrition structural issues including reporting and service gaps;
- Contribute to the professional development and improvement of team members under supervision by providing support.
- Degree in Medicine / Public Health / Nursing / or related field;
- Certificate in project management for development will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in primary health care system and good understanding of Nigeria health system structure;
- Previous role at coordination / supervisory level is required
- Fluency in English and Hausa language will be added advantage;
- Working knowledge of MS office;
- Work experience in humanitarian settings
- Work experience with government health care system is an added advantage
- Experience of working in partnership with or directly with the Ministry of Health is preferable
- Ability to plan and organize work Independent with appropriate follow-through while paying close attention to detail and can read and abstract information from a variety of formats.
- Ability to delegate and follow up of task among teams
- Ability to manage a wide range of stakeholders for collaboration, coordination and consultation.
Minimum Basic Salary
260,244 NGN per month.
Application Closing Date
Thursday; 15th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
UPCOMING NCLEX REVIEW COURSE: DECISION TREE (Monday 22nd - 24th APRIL 2021)
2021 Training Schedule for BLS/ACLS, Clinical Skills Workshop, PALS/BLS and Offshore/Onshore Medic HSE Course
NEW YEAR PROMO: FREE Peadiatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Training for Midwives/ Peadiatric Nurses
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND ATTEND A FREE AHA BLS ACLS CLASS HOLDING IN: Delta, Anambra, Imo, Edo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia and Cross River State
Share this job with friends!!!