Al-Istiqama University, Sumaila was granted license to operate as a bonafide and full-fledged private University by the National Universities Commission (NUC) on the 8th of April, 2021. The University's Mission is to encourage global study, experiential learning and research, interdisciplinary scholarship, creativity, and entrepreneurial endeavours with ultimate fear of God. The University will take off with three (3) faculties consisting of fifteen (15) degree programmes.
In view of the above, the University invites applications from interested and suitably qualified applicants for its maiden admission for the 2020/2021 academic session. Applicants must score the minimum of 160 points at UTME as mandated by JAMB and should also meet other requirements stipulated by it.
1. FACULTY OF ARTS, SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B.Sc. Taxation
- B.Sc. Entrepreneurship Studies
- B.Sc. Economics
- B.Sc. Political Science
- B.A. Islamic Studies
2. FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND COMPUTING.
- B.Sc. Biology
- B.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Software Engineering
- B.Sc. Physics with Electronics
3. FACULTY OF BASIC HEALTH SCIENCES
- B.N.Sc. Nursing
- BmLS. Medical Laboratory Science
- B.Sc. Public Health Science
- Programmes in the Faculties of Arts, Social and Management Sciences, Computer and Computing are of eight semesters.
- The two programmes in the Faculty of Basic Health Sciences, Nursing and Medical Laboratory Science are of a duration of 10 semesters each, while B.Sc. Public Health is eight semesters.
Entry Requirements: Applicants must possess Five Credits in SSCE/GCE or its equivalent in not more than two sittings in addition to meeting the aforementioned JAMB requirements.
- The four programmes (Accounting, Taxation, Economics, Entrepreneurship Studies) domiciled in the Faculty of Arts, Social and Management Sciences require Five ‘O’ level Credits each in Mathematics, English, Economics, Accounting/Financial Account and any other social science subject; B.A. Islamic Studies requires Five ‘O’ level Credits in English, IRS/IRK, and any other three arts/social science subjects, ()level Credit in Arabic is an added advantage.
- The programmes in the Faculty of Science and computing and faculty of basic health sciences require five ‘O’level Credits each in biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics and English, O’level credit in geography will be accepted in place of biology for B.Sc. Computer and B.Sc. Software Engineering.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should: (a) visit JAMB CAPS for change of institution and choose Al-Istiqama University, Sumaila as their first choice and (b) visit www.ausu.edu.ng to fill application form and pay a non-refundable fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000) only and submit.
Al-Istiqama University, Sumaila will not entertain any payment outside its stipulated website; applicants should please pay attention.
Closing date is 30th June, 2021
We look forward to receiving your application; please visit www.ausu.edu.ng for guidance. For further enquiries please contact email@example.com
Muhammad Ibn Abdullahi, PhD, mcasson, CCN
Planning and Implementation Committee (PIC)
UPCOMING NCLEX REVIEW COURSE: DECISION TREE (Monday 22nd - 24th APRIL 2021)
2021 Training Schedule for BLS/ACLS, Clinical Skills Workshop, PALS/BLS and Offshore/Onshore Medic HSE Course
NEW YEAR PROMO: FREE Peadiatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Training for Midwives/ Peadiatric Nurses
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND ATTEND A FREE AHA BLS ACLS CLASS HOLDING IN: Delta, Anambra, Imo, Edo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia and Cross River State
Share this news with friends!!!