The Nursing Manager is a key member of the management team whose primary role is to focus primarily to develop and manage Nursing services for the organisation. The applicant will ensure timely access to high quality Nursing care for clients through clinical systems improvements, and oversight of the quality improvement initiatives.
Core Functional Responsibilities
• Plans, Organises and directs the overall operation and function of the Nursing Services Department.
• Develops, and implements a Nursing Staffing Plan in accordance with International standards to maintain correct number and quality of nursing staff.
• Provides leadership, and evaluation of the activities of the Nursing Department.
• Ensures that nursing standards are upheld
• Ensures nursing care plan and assessment functions are in place.
• Provides an environment of quality, cost improvement that is data driven, and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the facility.
• Maintain regulatory and compliance approvals and accreditation.
• Work with senior management and medical staff to develop strategic plans
• Ensures the maintenance of standards in Quality, infection Control, Health and Safety in the nursing division and facility as a whole.
• Ensure proper performance management procedure embedded to evaluate clinical competency of nursing staff during probation, and thereafter annually. Drive and monitor performance management process for nursing staff.
• Encourages a collaborative model of client care by providing opportunity for nursing staff to plan with the medical staff and other disciplines for the total needs of our client.
• Drives and participates in the assessment of learning needs and provides opportunities for development to staff nurses.
• Maintains current knowledge of international trends in nursing care delivery and incorporate knowledge into daily operations of the Nursing Department.
• Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
• A mission-driven individual who can embrace and commit to Mission and Core Values.
• A self-starter, results-oriented personality. With the ability to effectively lead and motivate.
• Critical thinking, a decision maker with problem solving skills. Understanding of how to create change through influence and not through direct authority.
• Master’s Degree in Nursing (Preferred) BNSC, RN Experience: Minimum of 5 years nursing experience excluding clinical postings, of which at least 2 in a senior nursing position.
• Demonstrable leadership role and achievement in a slightly complex healthcare delivery system and must be skilled in handling conflicts.
The preferred applicant must be a female, resident in Lagos, able to lead teams and must be available to resume early next month. Interview date is Saturday, March 27th 2021. CVs sent to firstname.lastname@example.org