Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards in Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with six healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021. This is a guarantee of safe and quality healthcare that meets international standards. Recently, Lagoon Hospitals received her Certificate of Re-accreditation from JCI.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admissions Officer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Matron
Internal Contacts: Medical Officers, Care Coordinator, Medical Director, Patient Care Services
External contacts: Patients, Patient Relatives, HMOs, Corporate Organizations.
- This role is responsible for overseeing every aspect of the patient admissions process to improve revenue and the quality of patient care.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Ensure patients are admitted in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Pre-admits patients by receiving bookings from physicians; confirming admitting privileges of physicians; interviewing patients; entering patient information to pre-admissions database
- Secures payments by screening insurance information; identifying patients requiring pre-admission approvals from third-party payers; verifying approvals; notifying patient accounts department of self-paying admissions.
- Prepares admission folders by gathering admission documentation for scheduled patients.
- Admits emergency room and maternity patients by obtaining information from family members; visiting emergency room, delivery room, or patient room.
- Manages bed availability and occupancy to maximize bed occupancy and patient traffic according to hospital regulations and guidelines.
- Reduces admissions conflicts and discrepancies by collaborating with physicians and assigns beds according to priority
- Performs regular audits to ensure proper handling and accuracy of all patient data to ensure revenue for hospital.
- Improves delivery of patient care by integrating admissions procedures with other care staff, including working with various hospital department
- Generates weekly, monthly reports on admissions, beds availability and occupancy and other related report as required.
- Accepts ownership for actions and decisions, accomplishments and actively explores new opportunities on the job to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned
Key Result Areas/ Performance Goals:
- Admission wait time
- Patients Experience Rating
- Number of HMO /PVT/ FFS claims denied because of failure to obtain prior authorization
- Reporting within prescribed TAT
- Accuracy of report
- Use of SOPS / adherence to quality standards
- A Bachelors degree or its equivalent in Health Information Management, Nursing or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in an related role. Experience in the healthcare industry will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of, and experience with Health information management systems is essential.
- Operational Knowledge of patient admission processes
- Knowledge of Hospital Information System (EMR/AKHIL)
- Knowledge of Health Insurance products and services
- Compliance management
- Client Management
- Microsoft Office skills - Excel, Word, and outlook
- Market research
- Analytical Thinking
- Pricing Analysis / Financial analysis
- I-CARE attributes (Integrity, Compassion, Attentiveness, Respect, Excellence and Empathy)
- Good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
UPCOMING NCLEX REVIEW COURSE: DECISION TREE (Monday 8th - 11th March 2021)
2021 Training Schedule for BLS/ACLS, Clinical Skills Workshop, PALS/BLS and Offshore/Onshore Medic HSE Course
NEW YEAR PROMO: FREE Peadiatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Training for Midwives/ Peadiatric Nurses
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND ATTEND A FREE AHA BLS ACLS CLASS HOLDING IN: Delta, Anambra, Imo, Edo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia and Cross River State
Share this job with friends!!!