Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress without discrimination. A Memorandum of Understanding between MSF and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. MSF are currently supporting the Nigerian Ministry running programs at the Anka General Hospital, Zamfara.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: General Hospital Anka, Zamfara
Employment Type: Contract
Slots: 4 (3 + 1 Adhoc Position)
Duration: 3.5 months (Mid-March - June: dates to be confirmed)
Main Objective and Responsibility
- Conduct research activities at the Anka General Hospital.
Description of the Responsibilities / Activities
- Administering consent and assent forms
- Complete the research questionnaire on data entry tablets
- Conduct oral exams, measuring weight, height and MUAC.
- Nursing degree and registration
- Candidate must be a qualified nurse.
The following previous experience would be desirable:
- Work with noma patients
- Operational research
- Data entry on tablets
- Conducting oral exams
- Experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- Fluent Hausa and English (reading, writing and speaking) is essential.
- Computer literacy, interviewing techniques, understanding of anthropometric measurements.
- Good interpersonal skills, attention to detail, ability to manage many tasks at one time.
Application Closing Date
6th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a written test and an oral Hausa test, and only successful applicants will be notified to come and begin work.
UPCOMING NCLEX REVIEW COURSE: DECISION TREE (Monday 8th - 11th March 2021)
2021 Training Schedule for BLS/ACLS, Clinical Skills Workshop, PALS/BLS and Offshore/Onshore Medic HSE Course
NEW YEAR PROMO: FREE Peadiatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Training for Midwives/ Peadiatric Nurses
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND ATTEND A FREE AHA BLS ACLS CLASS HOLDING IN: Delta, Anambra, Imo, Edo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia and Cross River State
Share this job with friends!!!