Application are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Post Graduate Programmes of the Africa Centre of Excellence for Public Health and Toxicological Research, University of Port Harcourt:
- PhDs in Environmental Health, Environmental Toxicology, Nutritional Biochemistry/Toxicology
- Master of Science (MSc) in Midwifery Child Health Nursing
To become the leading Centre in Africa for highly sought, world-class academic and professional programmes recognised for local relevance and international excellence in impact studies in Public Health, Toxicology, Nutritional Biochemistry, Midwifery and Child Health Nursing.
To produce highly skilled and motivated public health professionals through cutting-edge research tailored to address health impacts of oil and gas activities, and contribute to building the human resource and knowledge base for development in Africa.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS (DETAILS ON WEBSITE)
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN MIDWIFERY AND CHILD HEALTH NURSING:
Candidates would be required to have:
- Bachelor of Nursing Science with Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.00 and above.
- Bachelor of Science in Midwifery with Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.00 and above
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PhD) PROGRAMME:
Eligible candidates for these competitive programme would have:
- Completed an Msc degree in appropriate majors, with a CGPA of 4.00 on a 5-point scale.
- Candidates with Master's degrees in Food Science/Technology, Food Microbiology and other related courses can apply for the PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry/Toxicology.
In addition to the above requirements, all candidates must also satisfy the minimum matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt which includes a credit in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
PROGRAMME DURATION (MINIMUM)
Masters: Full-time 12 months; Part-time 24 months
Doctoral: Full-time 36 months; Part-time 60 months
METHOD OF INSTRUCTION
- The curriculum is flexible, modular, intensive and premised on developing the knowledge, skills and competencies of students from diverse academic backgrounds to becoming industry ready professionals.
- Both e-learning the classroom modes of teaching/learning are available with strong emphasis on competency-based learning, self-directed learning, blended learning and application of a range of technology-based educational applications for enhance pedagogical effectiveness.
- Lectures are delivered by renown faculties from Universities industry-sector experts from Nigeria and Abroad. As an entrepreneurial University, all programmes in the University of Port Harcourt are designed with period of internship to enhance the development of industry/sector-ready professionals.
- Emphasis on collaboration and interdisciplinary research
- Support for teaching
- e-library facility
- Access to electronic learning resources
- Excellent students' support services
- Dedicated hostel facility for students
- Support for conference participation and research publication
- Partnerships, networks and collaborations – industry, sectors, academic institutions
- Location is in the epicentre of oil & gas exploration in Africa
- Compelling value prepositions
- Irresistible drive for excellence
- Availability of a language laboratory for non-English students
- Uninterrupted power supply
- Excellent learning environment
- Uninterrupted learning calendar
- Local and international internship placements
- Transparent academic governance
- Highly supportive central university administration
- Scholarship for regional and meritorious Nigerian students
Details of the methods of application for all programmes can be obtained from the admission section of the website: http://www.aceputoruniport.edu.ng Completed forms, reference letters, statement of purpose and official transcript shall be submitted with a non-refundable application fee of N20,000 (twenty thousand naira only) before the 12th March 2021 to be paid to our Remita account candidates should go to: https://aceputoruniport.edu.ng/putor/public/pdf/1.%20STEPS%20IN%20APPLICATION%20AND%20REGISTRATION%20PROCESSES%20(2).pdf
Further details of the method of application for these programmes can be obtained from Africa Centre of Excellence for Public Health and Toxicological Research, at TetFund Building, opposite Senate Building, University park. website: http://www.aceputoruniport.edu.ng
Tel: +234(0)8136592033, +234(0)8129429447+234(0)7018285531 Email:email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.aceputoruniport.org, aceputoruniport.edu.ng Office Address: TetFund Building, opposite Senate Building, University Park
Mrs. Dorcas D. Otto
Share this news with friends!!!