I am pleased to inform you that the Board of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria at its 52nd Meeting has approved release of the results of November 2020 Professional Examinations for General/Post Basic Nurses.
Summary of the results indicate:
a) General Nursing Programmes:
i. Basic Nursing Programme
Five thousand, three hundred and thirty-two (5,332) candidates were successful in the examination representing 92% pass.
ii. Refresher Programme
Forty-seven (47) candidates were successful in the examination representing examination representing 65% pass.
iii. Foreign Trained Nurses
Fifty-five (55) candidates were successful in the examination representing 57% pass.
b) Post Basic Nursing Programmes:
One thousand two hundred and thirty-three (1,233) candidates were successful in the examination representing 97% pass.
3. Heads of the training institutions are hereby directed to check for the result of their institution(s) on-line as from Friday 181h December, 2020.
4. Successful Candidates are hereby directed to visit the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria Portal (portal.nmcn.gov.ng) to apply on-line for Registration and Licencing with effect from Monday, 21st December, 2020.
5. Please note that on-line registration formalities including payment of registration fee is to be completed within ninety (90) days. Also note that late registration attracts a penalty of Thirteen Thousand Naira (N13,000.00) only per applicant after ninety (90) days.
6. Please note that the next Professional Examination for General/Post Basic Nurses is scheduled to hold from Tuesday 4th - Thursday 6th May, 2021.
7. Heads of nursing training institutions are hereby requested to send hard copies of application forms for May 2021 Professional Examination to reach the Council on or before Friday 29th January, 2021. Application forms received after this date will be out rightly rejected.
8. Please acknowledge receipt of the result and contact the Secretary-General/Registrar immediately for rectification of any error. Council will not entertain any complaint after 30 days of release of result.
9. All correspondences should be addressed to the Secretary General/Registrar, Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, Headquarters Office, Life Camp, Abuja.
10. On behalf of the Board and Management of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, I hereby congratulate all successful candidates and wish them success in their future endeavour.
Thank you for your support and cooperation in promoting and maintaining Excellence in Nursing Education and Practice in Nigeria in line with global best practice.
Faruk Umar Abubakar FWACN