The objective of the IND 2021 Photo contest is to highlight the critical role of nurses and how they are shaping the future of healthcare in different context and places, to promote the International Nurses Day 2021 (IND 2021) and also involve nurses around the world in IND 2021
Nurses: A voice to Lead - A vision for future Healthcare
- All photos must be submitted in at least one of the following five categories:
- Hospital / Clinic based
- Rural / Remote environment
- Educational (nursing schools, universities, …)
- Community nursing / Homecare
- Emergency / Disaster
Who can participate:
The contest is open to anyone, either as individual or as an organisation
How to participate:
To participate, contestants shall send their photo(s) via WeTransfer or Dropbox to Violaine Bobot at email@example.com. Photos sent as attachments or in the body of the email will not be accepted. The photo(s) sent must be the original file. Along with the photo(s), contestants are required to send the completed, dated and signed consent form; participation will not be included without this completed and signed form.
- The contest is open from 7 December 2020 to 10 January 2021.
- Selection: 22 January 2021
- Winners informed: week of 25 January 2021
- Public announcement: 1 February 2021
Photo technical characteristics:
- 300 dpi minimum is required
- .JPG / .PNG / .PSD / .CR2 format are accepted
- The photo should be with a minimum of 5MB
Criteria for assessment:
- The photo(s) match the theme o The photo(s) match one of the categories (please indicate which category)
- The photo(s) respect all the conditions and technical characteristics above
- The photo(s) show the value of nursing work
- The photo(s) complies with the code of ethics described below
- A jury will select the overall grand prize winner and the three winners in each category. This jury will be composed of:
- IND project manager – Violaine Bobot
- IND advisor – Lindsey Williamson
- IND nursing lead – David Stewart
- ICN Board member – Sung Rae Shin
The Grand Prize winner will receive 2 (two) free registrations to the 2021 ICN Virtual Congress + ICN goodies and the photo will be used on the cover of the IND 2021.
There will be three winners in each of the five categories:
- 1st prize: 2 (two) free ICN 2021 Virtual Congress registrations + ICN goodies
- 2nd prize: 1 (one) free ICN 2021 Virtual Congress registration + ICN goodies
- 3rd prize: ICN goodies
All selected photos will be used within IND campaign and credited.
All photo(s) submitted may be used by ICN on any of its platforms, with credit given when provided.
ICN will have the right to use the photos as it wishes in the IND 2021 campaign as well as in promotional materials and activities such as web pages, social media, advertising and other publications.
ICN will not change or modify the photo(s) without authorization by the contestant.
o By participating to this ICN photo contest contestants agree and accept the following:
The decisions taken are final and cannot be contested.
ICN and the contestants abide by applicable laws.
ICN reserves the right to use all submitted photographs on all ICN platforms (print or online) with no time limit, with credit given when indicated.
ICN will credit the author when using the photo(s) submitted as long as the credit has been provided with the submission.
Contestants will only be informed, by end of January 2021, if they have been selected as a winner.
The general procedures ensure a fair judging process and must be adhered to at all times.
Jurors, ICN Board and staff cannot enter the contest.
Each juror has one equal vote.
Jurors cannot abstain from voting at any stage of the judging process.
o All proceedings and deliberations of the jury are conducted in confidence. Jurors are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement to ensure they do not reveal any details of the deliberations, or the identity of winners prior to the public announcement.
o In all categories, a first, second and third prize will be awarded. In addition there will be an overall Grand Prize winner.
If jurors recognise they are personally involved in submitted work, through either a personal or professional relationship, they must declare their interest openly at the beginning of any discussions on the work.
Code of ethics:
Contestants to the ICN-IND 2021 photo contest must ensure their pictures provide an accurate and fair representation of the scene they witnessed so the audience is not misled. This means that contestants:
Should be aware of the influence their presence can exert on a scene they photograph, and should resist being misled by staged photo opportunities. o Must not pay their subjects, either in money or goods.
Must maintain the integrity of the picture by ensuring there are no material changes to content (photoshop). o Must ensure captions are accurate. o Certify they have permission from every person, recognizably, depicted in the photo(s).
Governing law and Jurisdiction:
The IND2021 Photo Contest is governed by Swiss law in all aspects. Geneva courts shall be competent in case of litigation.
2021 Training Schedule for BLS/ACLS, Clinical Skills Workshop, PALS/BLS and Offshore/Onshore Medic HSE Course
NEW YEAR PROMO: FREE Peadiatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Training for Midwives/ Peadiatric Nurses
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND ATTEND A FREE AHA BLS ACLS CLASS HOLDING IN: Delta, Anambra, Imo, Edo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia and Cross River State
Share this news with friends!!!