Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Cervical Cancer Prevention Program (CECAP) Consultant
- Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. The Reaching Impact, Saturation and Epidemic Control (RISE) Nigeria program is 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming. In Nigeria, RISE will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control. This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95-95-95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria. The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance.
- The Cervical Cancer Prevention Program (CECAP) Consultant will support innovative strategies in providing Cervical Cancer Prevention Program across TMEC RISE supported facilities in the State.
- The CECAP Consultant will support demand creation initiatives to scale up CECAP activities as part of Prevention services, working closely with the project teams to align activities and ensure effective integration of these strategies across the project.
- The position will be based in Abuja and support Cervical Prevention Program design and implementation with rollout and scale up across the four RISE-Nigeria supported states (Akwa Ibom, Adamawa, Niger, and Cross River).
- To provide strategic direction and technical support towards CECAP implementation;
- To oversee effective implementation of Cervical Cancer Prevention Program.
- Provide strategic direction technical oversight, and ensure appropriate support for the development and implementation of program activities in Cervical Cancer Prevention Program (CECAP);
- Work closely with other relevant ministries, the implementing partners and other key stakeholders to support implementation of CECAP strategies;
- Support planning, coordination and supervision of cervical cancer screening activities in RISE-supported facilities;
- To support training plans and facilitation of health care providers on cervical cancer prevention program and to build capacity of the health facility staffs to ensure the necessary equipment and supplies are available;
- Supervise and mentor health care workers at sites implementing the program;
- Build capacity of service providers in documentation, data collection and analysis;
- Support research and program learning efforts where appropriate
- In consultation with the technical and program team, implement changes in the interventions based on monitoring data and evidence from RISE-supported sites
- Promote dissemination and sharing of good practices;
- Document successes, lessons learned, and challenges in implementation through routine monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports to Jhpiego and the donor, and other reporting requirements as requested.
- Maintain excellent relationships with USG, USAID, MOH, NACA and other in-country stakeholders.
- Participate actively in TWG meetings and forums addressing women health in Stakeholders and IPs collaborative learning.
- Collaborate with USG, MOH, NACA and other local stakeholders and implementing partners to coordinate activities, reduce duplication, and ensure implementation according to quality standards.
- To support the PrEP-CECAP Advisor to prepare budgets, and work plans, particularly those pertaining to cervical cancer prevention program.
- To perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- First Degree in Medical, Biological, Nursing Sciences (MPH or Related Advanced degree will be added advantage.)
- 5 – 6 years of professional experience in an integrated HIV Care and treatment, PMTCT, Cervical Cancer clinical and Programming experience.
- Experience in the health sector and knowledge of HIV programming strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience training clinical or community-based healthcare workers on CECAP and other HIV prevention areas.
- Demonstrated coaching skills, with an ability to inspire, influence and motivate teams
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, including presentations
- Experience in similar role will be an added advantage.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; able to develop strong relationships across functions, abilities and work levels.
- Familiarity with MOH and USAID’s administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems, PEPFAR experience highly preferred.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Expertise in research to practice - identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to frequently travel nationally to project sites and with strong capacity to support service demand and delivery.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadline, and intense pressure to perform.
- With strong results-oriented and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using "Cervical Cancer Prevention Program (CECAP) Consultant" as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
UPCOMING NCLEX REVIEW COURSE: DECISION TREE (Monday 8th - 11th March 2021)
2021 Training Schedule for BLS/ACLS, Clinical Skills Workshop, PALS/BLS and Offshore/Onshore Medic HSE Course
NEW YEAR PROMO: FREE Peadiatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Training for Midwives/ Peadiatric Nurses
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND ATTEND A FREE AHA BLS ACLS CLASS HOLDING IN: Delta, Anambra, Imo, Edo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia and Cross River State
Share this job with friends!!!