Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim - ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH PHP/NFI Officer
Location: Bade, Yobe
Job type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: WASH Sector Manager
Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting for a WASH PHP/NFI Officer who will be accountable for the overall implementation of the Public Health Promotion and Non-Food Items distribution of the WASH project.
- Ensure that a KAP baseline survey is carried out, analysis done and hygiene promotion strategy is designed on the basis of the findings (for projects more than three months long).
- In coordination with the WASH Program Manager, revise and adapt hygiene promotion and COVID-19 prevention and control training material to local context and in line with target groups to be trained.
- In coordination with the WASH Program Manager, revise and adapt all IEC materials in line with the local context. This should be drawn up as a communication plan.
- Continually assess emergency needs, as requested, especially taking in the broader perspective of public health.
- Liaise closely with the WASH Sector technical team throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of WASH technical activities.
- Represent Action Against Hunger at local level WASH meetings and technical working groups relating to Public health promotion and NFI distribution as required by your line manager.
- Ensure that your team co-ordinate and integrate with WASH technical team members and Report regularly, verbally and in writing, to the WASH Sector Manager.
- HND/Degree in Public Health, Nursing, Rural Development or other related fields.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in humanitarian contexts.
- Previous experience in supervising hygiene promotion activities.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills).
- Minimum Monthly Salary: 236,585 Naira
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
Application Closing Date
27th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
UPCOMING NCLEX REVIEW COURSE: DECISION TREE (Monday 8th - 11th March 2021)
2021 Training Schedule for BLS/ACLS, Clinical Skills Workshop, PALS/BLS and Offshore/Onshore Medic HSE Course
NEW YEAR PROMO: FREE Peadiatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Training for Midwives/ Peadiatric Nurses
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND ATTEND A FREE AHA BLS ACLS CLASS HOLDING IN: Delta, Anambra, Imo, Edo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia and Cross River State
Share this job with friends!!!