Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are three base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Dutse, and four sub-bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Officer
Location: Bade, Yobe, Nigeria
Direct Line Manager: Project Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting a Health Officer who will be accountable for regular monitoring and supervision of facility-based health service delivery to ensure that services are provided with recommended national technical standards.
- Update and maintain 5W/4W mapping (Health, and Nutrition sector) tool on a regular basis for the operational LGA, and share with the Sector Health Manager.
- Update tracking tool to monitor program screening based data on acute malnutrition; collect health facility-based disease surveillance reports and update morbidity reporting tool for assigned health facilities/LGAs.
- Ensure that the Assistants are using the standard Monitoring checklist during a visit to health facilities.
- Ensure that specific monitoring finding is reported to the NHSM with potential solutions
- During the supervision visit, identify gaps in the supply sides and report to the NHSM.
- Work with health workers to establish crowd control mechanisms in the health facilities/centers.
- Use appropriate attendance sheet on-job coaching sessions, workshops / meetings, and training and share a copy with the line manager.
- Use specific supervision checklist during supervision visits and archive filled supervision checklists with a summary report.
- HND / Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in primary health care programs.
- An excellent report-writing skill is required including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 236,585 per month
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to the Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
27th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
UPCOMING NCLEX REVIEW COURSE: DECISION TREE (Monday 8th - 11th March 2021)
2021 Training Schedule for BLS/ACLS, Clinical Skills Workshop, PALS/BLS and Offshore/Onshore Medic HSE Course
NEW YEAR PROMO: FREE Peadiatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Training for Midwives/ Peadiatric Nurses
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND ATTEND A FREE AHA BLS ACLS CLASS HOLDING IN: Delta, Anambra, Imo, Edo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia and Cross River State
Share this job with friends!!!