Miss Atube Nwamaka Dumkelechi (RN.) Of the Department of Nursing Sciences from Madonna University Elele Campus on Friday the 20th of November 2020 was awarded the "Nursing World Nigeria Best Graduating Student Nurse Award" in addition to the cash prize of N50,000 at the just concluded maiden induction/oath taking ceremony.
In a notification letter sent to Nursingworld Nigeria, Mrs Juliana C. Nwazuruoke (RN, BNSc, MSc, FWACN) the H.O.D of the Department noted that Miss Atube Nwamaka Dumkelechi had a #cgpa of 4.63 on a 5 point scale for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Speaking while making the presentation, representing CEO Jude Chiedu, Anthony Ijeoma of Nursingworld Nigeria encouraged the awardee to adhere to all the advice given by the various speakers and continue on with the good work knowing that Nursing world Nigeria and the family of Nurses across the country is there for her. He said:
First let me start by saying a big congratulations to you all on your induction into the Nursing Profession.
There are a few questions you need to ask yourself at this point in time. What do you want for you?, whats important for you?, what would give your life some special meaning? What kind of a Nurse do you want to be?
In the course of life peolple find themselves in some situations that are unbelivable and shocking but you need to roll with it.
Years back if someone told me i would be organizing trainings for Nurses, Doctors, Consultants, Pharmacists and other healthcare providers i wont have believe them
If someone had told me that within 8 years of graduating i would have practiced Nursing in multinational companies like LNG, SHELL, TOTAL etc, i would not believe them
If someone had told me that i would be financially buoyant to afford to give N50,000 worth of award to best graduating nursing students in various schools, i wont have believed them
If someone had told me that i would own the largest professional websites for Nurses (Nursingworld Nigeria) Doctors (medicalworldnigeria.com), Lawyers (Nigeriabar.com), Engineers (Nigerianengineers.com), Accountants (Accountantng.com) it would have been a dream
If someone had told me that i would be able to travel outside of nigeria and still return back to Nigeria, i wont have believed them
If someone had told me i would be able to be addressed as a registered nurse, midwife, accident and emergency nurse, become a fellow of the west african college of nursing, bag a bachelors and a masters degree in nursing, i wont have believed them
If someone had told me years back that i would also be the chairman, university graduates of nursing science association (UGONSA), Rivers State branch, i wont have believed them
And if someone had told me years back that i would be coaching nurses on the process of how to immigrate legally to the United states, Canada, UK
You would face a lot of tremendous setbacks but trust me: 'ITS POSSIBLE' to overcome them
How we operate is a manifestation of what we believe is possible for us. Wake up and say this to yourself everyday ITS POSSIBLE.
With power and conviction, repeat after me and say 'ITS POSSIBLE'.
And today i say to you 'its possible', whatever dreams you have for your career, for your life, ITS POSSIBLE
Dont ever let anyone tell you it cant be done, Dont ever let anyone tell you it has never been done. ITS POSSIBLE. You can achieve what ever you want to achieve.
Would there be setbacks, YES
Would there be challenges, YES
Would it be difficult, YES
Is it possible, YES
But would it be worth it all, the answer is a resounding YES, though 80% of life is showing up and being present in the moment; the other 20% is up to you once you arrive.
Poised to promote academic excellence, Nursingworld Foundation an arm of Nursingworld Nigeria instituted the N50,000 award for the best graduating student in Nursing at the University level. The aim of the award is to provide recognition for outstanding academic performance as it aims at creating a healthy competition for excellence among nursing graduates.
And to you Atube Nwamaka Dumkelechi with a CGPA of 4.63, Look at all the hard work you have done to reach this goal and be proud. You are amongst the best of the best of the best, you have made your family, friends and loved ones so happy and proud and you have made us your colleagues proud to celebrate with you in this achievement
Finally to all graduants remember that our time on earth is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.