The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Case Management / MIP Officer
Ref Code: 13-11088
Locations: Zamfara, Plateau, Benue and Nasarawa
Employment type: Full time
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention. PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020. PMI-S will target eight states of Nigeria, namely: Akwa Ibom, Benue, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Nassarawa, Oyo, Plateau and Zamfara.
- The Case Management/MIP Officer will be supervised by and report to the State Technical Malaria Lead.
- The Case Management/MIP Officer’s responsibilities will include ensuring the availability of updated national policies and strategic documents to SMEPs, LGAs, and health facilities; providing TA to SMEP to improve malaria case management including diagnostic, and MIP with focus on IPTp at health facilities; coordinating with SMEP to ensure planned trainings occur as planned, and followed up trainings conducted; supporting the planning of and participating in ISS, and ensuring the coordination of malaria case management and MIP/IPTp activities within SMEP and with partners.
- Engage the State Malaria Elimination Program, SMOH, SPHCDA, and relevant partners to adopt/adapt the latest national malaria case management and MIP policy (specifically for IPTp), guidelines and strategies
- In collaboration with the State Technical Malaria Lead (STML), provide malaria technical expertise in the development and monitoring of the state malaria annual work plan (AOP).
- Work with the STML to build capacity of State Malaria Elimination Program (SMEP), health providers at supported health facilities and in the community in provision of quality malaria case management and MIP services, specifically for IPTp.
- Provide TA to the SMEP and SMOH in the implementation of a Quality of Care guidelines for malaria services at the state level, Quality Assurance of diagnostic testing, and linkages of positive malaria cases to treatment for both uncomplicated and severe malaria cases.
- Provide TA to the SMEP and SMOH on effective engagement of public health service providers, and compliance with case management and MIP/IPTp national guidelines
- Collaborate with other PMI-S state project team to support roll out of malaria policy guidelines, SOPs and Job aids to health workers in public and private health facilities through continuous professional development (CPD) programmes.
- Contribute to preparation of project reports, documentation of good practices, technical publications, and success stories.
- Contribute to visibility of PMI for States Project work through innovative presentation of project approaches and results at state, federal and international levels.
- Work with the SME team to monitor and analyze overall state data, particularly malaria case management, and IPTP data.
- A first Degree in a health field, preferably in nursing or medicine and a Master's degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Management related discipline, or equivalent training.
- At least 5 years’ experience in health program management in developing countries, three of which should be in providing clinical services at health facilities; and at least 2 years’ experience providing TA to health facilities on malaria case management and MIP/IPTp, according to latest national/WHO treatment guidelines.
- Previous experience working with MAPS or SuNMaP1 will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate with State Health departments, SPHCDA, partners supporting SMOH, and LGAs to achieve results.
- Experience with MIP/IPTp interventions, and familiarity with MIP/IPTp national guidelines, and strategies.
- Proven programmatic, technical and managerial expertise in providing TA to health workers to strengthen their technical, management and/or leadership capacity, systems and processes, and sustainability potential.
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Computer skills: Windows applications for word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Good written skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, and team-building skills, to ensure internal coherence among diverse team members and sub-partners, as well as external relations with the State Ministry of Health, civil society, private sector and other stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
- MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
UPCOMING NCLEX REVIEW COURSE: DECISION TREE (Monday 8th - 11th March 2021)
2021 Training Schedule for BLS/ACLS, Clinical Skills Workshop, PALS/BLS and Offshore/Onshore Medic HSE Course
NEW YEAR PROMO: FREE Peadiatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Training for Midwives/ Peadiatric Nurses
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND ATTEND A FREE AHA BLS ACLS CLASS HOLDING IN: Delta, Anambra, Imo, Edo, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia and Cross River State
Share this job with friends!!!