In Collaboration with JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION BOARD (JUPEB), the University of Benin invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Foundation Programme for 2020/20201 session.
Candidates seeking admission into the JUPEB foundation programmes must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in at least five (5) subjects at O’ Level’, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE, (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB) examinations.
All the combinations shown in the table below meet the entry requirements for direct admission into Degree Programmes in the University of Benin and other JUPEB affiliate Universities which include, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, UYO, FUTA, FUNAAB and UNIPORT etc.
THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT COMBINATIONS ARE AVAILABLE
- Government/ Literature in English / Christian Religious Studies
- History/ Literature in English / Christian Religious Studies
- Economics / Government/ Literature in English
All the combinations in 1,3,4,5,6,7&8
3. Management Science
- Economics / Government / Mathematics
- Mathematics / Geography / Economics
- Economics / Business Studies / Government
- Accounting / Economics / Government
- Economics / Government/ Geography
- Christian Religious Studies / Economics / Government
Government / Literature in English / Christian Religious Studies
5. Life Science
Biology / Chemistry / Physics
6. Physical Science
- Chemistry Mathematics / Physics
- Geography/ Chemistry / Physics
7. Medicine / Dentistry / Pharmacy / Nursing
Biology / Chemistry / Physics
Chemistry / Mathematics /Physics
9. Agricultural Science
Agricultural Science / Biology / Chemistry
DURATION OF PROGRAMME:
The duration of the study is a minimum of one Academic Session of TWO SEMESTERS. It is strictly a non-residential programme.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
The procedure for the 2020/2021University of Benin Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB), Entry screening applications is as follows:
- Visit www.uniben.edu. Or www.uniben.waeup.org
- Candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail account before starting the application process (not the cyber-cafés mail).
- Click on JUPEB pre-degree studies 2020/2021
- Click on register for application at the top left of the displayed page to proceed
- Provide all necessary information. Note that “means compulsory fields.
- Animmedale mail will be sent to the provided e-mail address
- Open your mail to get your system generated ID and Password that you will use to login.
- On uniben.waeup.org click on “Login” (top right of the front page).
- Enter your user name and the password from the mail to login.
- To start the application process, please click on ‘Edit application record’ an provide all required information and upload your passport photograph.
- Upload a clear 1x1 COLOURED passport photograph with red background in JPEG format only. Note that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in the University of Benin.
- Failure to upload the specified passport photograph will lead to disqualification and failure /forfeiture of admission.
- To pay for the application, click on add online payment ticket at the bottom of the page, then click on pay with remita on the top left corner of the page, follow the instruction to pay the application fee of N15,000.00 (The fee excludes other charges for past questions and portal services of N2,000.00) with an ATM-Enabled visa or master card from any commercial bank preview and confirm your information before submitting your application on-line.
- You cannot edit your application after submission
- Print out the application slip.
MODE OF STUDY:
Face to face contact at the JUPEB Study centre, University of Benin, Lectures will be conducted from 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- Fill your Bio-Data correctly as no complaint about wrong bio-data will be entertained after submission.
- Candidates who upload wrong bio-data will be disqualified and forfeit application set.
- Only coloured print out will be accepted
- Print at least 4 copies of the University of Benin online registration form with complete passport size photograph printed in colour.
- Candidates are to follow the application instructions very carefully and ensure they select the subject combinations relevant to their course of study.
APPLICATION START DATE:
Application website will be opened by 7am on Monday September 28th 2020.
Application website closes by Midnight on Sunday 31st October 2020 (i.e all applications must be concluded online not later than 31st October 2020). Candidates who pay after the deadline will not sit for the examination.
Admission into various JUPEB programmes shall be through entrance examination to be conducted between 6th and 7th November 2020. The screening test shall be computer – based.
Candidates should go back on-line on Wednesday 4th November 2020 to check for the Day. Venue and Time for their examination.
Mr. Clarkson Ehigistor
Share this news with friends!!!