InSiGHt Health Consulting Limited is a public health consulting firm in Nigeria incorporated as a company limited by guarantee (RC 610848) in November 2004. We focus on providing technical skills for health population analysis, planning, programming and management aimed at sustainable and significant health outcomes. We are strongly committed to providing support to programs to ensure health and development is accessible to all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Quality Programme Associate
- Under the direction of the Principal Consultant and supervision the project team, the Programme Associate will provide programmatic and technical support for the implementation of the private provider readiness support project. The Programme Associate will work in close collaboration with the project team to ensure the quality of technical services rendered.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible and accountable for the quality improvement activities in about 120 private facilities. Must ensure implementation of interventions and activities to show increase in quality from baseline.
- Review the baseline assessment checklist and develop specific quality improvement plans for all 120 facilities with emphasis on family planning (FP) quality improvement. Quality improvement plans (QIPs) must reflect alignment with national family planning strategies and guidelines.
- Institute a quality improvement team in each facility and maintain regular contact with focal persons.
- Map available training resources for family planning from credible FP sources– including in-person, online or other platforms that can support capacity building in family planning for providers.
- Conduct monitoring visits to facilities, once in every 2 months.
- Monitor implementation of QIPs and track FP utilization and quality score data on monthly basis.
- Lead the engagement of the facilities (doctors/nurses and quality improvement teams) to:
- Ensure understanding of updated family planning practices and availability of standard operating procedures and job aids.
- Identify training needs and engage with project team to meet those needs in a timely manner.
- Identify commodity needs and gaps to ensure a comprehensive method mix.
- Ensure increased visibility of the available family planning services within the facility and integration into various contact points e.g. routine offering or screening for FP needs among reproductive age patients, ANC clinics, etc.
- Monthly reporting on all facilities using a uniform template for tracking.
- Other activities required to ensure quality improvement within the facilities.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A degree in the field of Medicine, Nursing or other health-related degree with a relevant post-graduate qualification in public health, administration and management.
- 5-8 years previous experience working in clinical settings and or health management organizations in Nigeria.
- Experience in quality improvement and quality assurance.
- Management experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Nigerian health system with an experience in Lagos State health sector, including the cultural and political considerations around service delivery.
- Knowledge of basic management and project management principles.
- Skills in providing and or coordinating clinical health services especially FP services.
- Strong computing and basic data management skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to think analytically and to problem-solve
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively
- Interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject.
Note: Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Share this job with friends!!!