NMCN Online Licence Renewal Applications By Olaniyi A. Filade RN, RM, RPHN, BNSc, MSc, FWACN Project Manager, E-Portal NMCN, Abuja
Date Posted: 04/Jul/2020
To be the foremost regulatory Council with the best nursing and midwifery professionals in the world.
To promote and maintain excellence in nursing and midwifery education and practice in Nigeria in line with global best practices.
It is on record that Council commenced the online indexing and examination applications in 2012 with the hope of adding to these in phases, other applications on Council’s core function as envisioned be the leadership of the Council.
Currently, five out of Six Modules are active on the portal. The Modules include:
- Indexing: (Basic, Post Basic, FTN, Refresher) 2012
- Examination: (Basic, Post basic, FTN, Refresher, Results) 2012 while result commenced in 2017
- Registration: (RN, RM, All Post Basics except Educators, administrators and Public Health) 2017
- Licensing: (Newly qualified Nurses/Midwives) 2017
- Licence Renewal: August 2019
The goal is to ensure that most of the statutory/core services rendered by the Council are done online in line with global trend.
REQUIREMENTS ON THE LICENCE PORTAL
- Basic Registration Number (RN,RM,RMHN)
- Active email address
- Active phone number
- Scanned recent passport photograph with white background ≤ 100KB (JPEG or PNG format)
- Scanned Certificates of Registration issued by Council ≤ 200KB (PDF, JPEG or PNG format)
- Scanned certificates of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) ≤ 200KB (PDF, JPEG or PNG format)
- Ensure there is internet connection on your device.
LAUNCHING AND FIRST USE OF THE LICENCE RENEWAL PORTAL
- Launch your preferred web browser (google chrome, Mozilla firefox, internet explorer etc). If you do not have a web browser installed, please download one.
- Type the NMCN website address in the search area of the browser and click search. The current address for the portal is www.nmcn.gov.ng then click on licence renewal.
This service is used to manage a member’s profile. Once a member has logged in, the member’s profile will be displayed . It shows the profile information, qualifications and licence status of the user.
- The next tab is the “Address” tab
- The user must enter his/her current contact and permanent address.
- If permanent address is same as contact address, the user can simply click on the “same with contact address” button and the details entered for contact address will be replicated for permanent address automatically
- Click the “Next” button to proceed
Share this news with friends!!!