Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following training programmes at the national orthopaedic hospital, Enugu.
A. RESIDENCY TRAINING IN:
- Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
B. POST BASIC SCHOOL OF NURSING
- Orhopaedic Nursing
- Burns and plastic nursing
C. INTERNS: (Limited numbers for 12 months uninterrupted internship)
- Pharmacy Interns (For holders of B.Pharm)
- Laboratory Scientist Interns (For holders of B.MLS)
- Nurse Interns (For Holders of B.N.sc Nursing)
D. SCHOOL OF ORTHOPAEDIC CAST TECHONOLOGY:
- For full time National Diploma Programme in Orthopaedic Cast Technology
A. Prospective applicants for Residency Training Programme must:
- Be qualified Medical Practitioner
- Be fully registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria with current license
- Have satisfactorily complete the NYSC programme or otherwise exempted
- Possess the primary fellowship of the relevant faculty
- Complete disclosure of any other training you may have undergone is mandatory
- Three (3) referees reports to be addressed to the Medical Director, one of which must be a reference from your last place of work or Testimonial from the DEAN faculty of your medical school.
- Possess professional indemnity certificate from a reputable insurance company
B. Prospective candidates for Post Basic School of Nursing must:
- Be a nurse registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Counicl of Nigeria with current practicing license
- Have minimum of one year post qualification experience
- Possess West African School Certificate /GCE/NECO with at least credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics obtained in not more than two sittings.
C. Prospective Candidates for Internship must possess:
- Certificate of provisional registration with their regulatory bodies
- Statement of result
- Oath certificate
- Three reference letters, one of which must come from the Dean of your Faculty
- Affidavit that you have not previously done internship in your respective discipline.
Qualifications for Nurse Interns:
- Eligibility: Graduates of B.N.Sc degree programme from approved and accreditated departments of Nursing in Nigeria University who passed the Professional Examination of Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) and has provisional / intern license by the council.
- Graduates of the B.N.Sc degree programme from foreign universities recognized by Federal Ministry of Education (FME) and National University Council (NUC) registered by NMCN and given provisional license to practice as registered Nurse (RN)
D. Prospective Applicants for School of Orthopaedic Cast Technology must:
- Possess the West African School Certificate /GCE/NECO or their acceptable equivalent with credit in five (5) subjects at not more than two sittings. This must include credit in English Language, Mathematics, Biology or Health Science and two (2) other subjects.
- Experience in the use of Plaster of Paris will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application with photocopies of relevant documents as well as recent curriculum vitae addressed to the Medical Director, National Orthopaedic Hospital, Enugu.
The complete documents should be contained in a sealed envelope indicating in the right upper comer your discipline and should be submitted by hand or by post to the office of the Medical director not later than six weeks from the date this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written/oral interview.
- Candidates with awaiting results or who do not have provisional registration as at the time of this advert need not to apply
- This application process is entirely free of charge and is not contracted out to anybody or firm. Do not respond or succumb to any solicitation/entreaty to the contrary via any social media platform.
Share this news with friends!!!