Women Friendly Initiative (WFI) is premised on providing succor to the less privileged. Since incorporation in 2003, we have programmed in several areas ranging from health; sexual &reproductive health, sanitation/hygiene promotion, maternal and child survival initiatives, integration of family planning with HIV prevention among positive clients environmental sustainability, health systems strengthening, human development, civic education, good governance (empowering women for electioneering positions)education especially for the girl child, vocational skill acquisition, functional literacy, income generation &economic empowerment for Indigent women in rural &urban slums across several states in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Youth Friendly Service Coordinator
Locations: Lagos and Kano
Reports to; Director of Programs
Slot: 2 Openings
- The successful candidate will coordinate state level project (project set up, stakeholders identifications/engagement, development of work plans, budgets, reports, ensure timeliness and quality in project implementation.) across teams, and report to the WFI Chief Executive Officer (CEO) through Director of Programs (DOP).
- S/he will work in collaboration and close consultation with the Program Manager (PM) to provide day to day guidance, direction, and technical support. S/he will participate in the capacity building of communitybased structures (depot holders, PPMVs, CHEWs, CPs, and PHC Nurses) and mobilizing communities/slums for improved accessibility to quality ASRH and FP Education and services in the states.
- S/he will oversee the state level program implementation activities, outputs and outcomes, including timely reporting of all activities, budget development and expenditure monitoring, routine program performance monitoring and evaluation in collaboration with other team members.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Program Management (50%)
- Stakeholder Engagement (35%)
- Financial Management/Governance (5%)
- Monitoring and Evaluation (10%)
Program Management (50%):
- Coordinate state efforts in promoting youthfriendly sexual and reproductive health services in partnership with the states (Lagos and Kano) associations for Nurses, Patient Proprietary Medicine Vendors (PPMVs), and community pharmacists
- Participate in the state level Community Mapping of Urban slums, Clusters, facilities and community adolescents’ congregational spots in Lagos and Kano states
- Support consortium in the dissemination of mapping exercise findings at the state, LGA and community levels.
- Support the development of advocacy roadmap for adolescent friendly health services at different cadre of stakeholders (Government, Community leaders, CSOs, Health professionals and private sector)
- Strengthen capacity of PPMVs, community pharmacists, depot holders, and other nontraditional providers to provide youthfriendly sexual and reproductive health services and referrals in urban slums in Lagos and Kano, including facilitating increased access to commodities, such as through the Commodity Logistics Management System
- Strengthen providers’ capacity for adolescent/youth friendly health services training and monitoring tools in partnership with partners and the states
- Establish/ strengthen clusters of traditional and nontraditional providers for efficient bidirectional referral system including development and distribution of referral maps
- Assist with the development of work plans and program implementation, including overseeing training and capacity building, communitybased sensitization and engagement, appropriate linkage and referral to health facilities, and support for retention in SRHR/FP/HIV services, according to work plans, targets, national policy, guidelines, and program SOPs.
- Work with project implementing partners’ operations department to identify training venues, support logistics, and coordinate required supply chains for project sites
- Plan and coordinate periodic staff meetings in project state
- Support the planning of travel arrangements for all project team members’ trips to their designated State
- Represent WFI appropriately in delegated capacity at relevant state forums
Stakeholder Engagement (35%):
- Engage stakeholders at the state and community levels to build and maintain goodwill towards the project and accurate understanding of project goals to ensure community ownership
- Work closely and manage relations with other Consortium Partners and community partners
- Work closely with other consortia technical teams in implementing project activities including supportive supervision and development of reports and other narratives as required.
- Guide project team members to conduct themselves ethically and professionally, respect participants and community values, and uphold WFI's values and policies
- Represent Project and WFI at relevant community engagement events
Financial Management/Governance (5%):
Manage monthly state actual expenditure in line with WFI allocated budget, identify variances and ensure that the recommended necessary follow up actions by direct supervisor are done.
Assist in preparing financial program documents and reports for management and donor
Monitoring and Evaluation (10%):
- Participate in the development of the project MEL system and update as necessary throughout the life of the project;
- Work with the M&E team to ensure WFI project's indicators are effectively developed and captured
- Implement appropriate mechanisms for monitoring, evaluating and tracking of program activities and results;
- Participate in project related evaluations and research, including developing scopes of work, reviewing survey design, conducting quality control of the work, and facilitating final reports.
- Regularly review data collection processes, including regular field visits and data quality assessments, and adjust processes as needed;
- Participate in collaboration, learning and adaptation events at the state levels;
- Provide regular updates on project progress against key indicator metrics to the DOP for inclusion in donor reports, work planning and learning events;
- Demonstrate the highest degree of integrity throughout all activities, and raise any concerns with implementation quality immediately with the DOP;
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the DOP
Bachelor in Nursing, Public Health, Medicine, Sciences and Social sciences. A Master Degree in Public Health, Demography, Biostatistics, or related field will be an advantage.
Experience, Skills, and Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of working experience at the managerial level in Youth/SRHR/FP program in Nigeria or related field development
- Minimum 2 years working experience in USAID donorfunded youthfocused projects in at least a state in Nigeria
- Minimum 2 years’ experience directly supervising or managing multidisciplinary teams of at least 3 staff, with demonstrated skills in leading professional teams
- Knowledge of specific state policies and youth development networks would be an advantage
- Understand cultural, gender, religious, age sensitivity and adaptability of implementing states (Lagos and Kano).
- Previous experience working on Adolescent YouthFriendly Sexual and Reproductive Health programming
- Demonstrated experience and ability for programs in slums
- Demonstrated excellent sense of responsibility and discipline
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and document observed activities
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and accurate reports
- Good knowledge of basic computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other multimedia communication platforms
- Exceptional ability to multitask, work independently and autonomously
- Fluency in the local language will be preferred and an added advantage
- Passion for working with youth
Application Closing Date
5th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate Position and Location in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
WFI is an equal opportunity employer. Women and the physically challenged are especially encouraged to apply.
Share this job with friends!!!