INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
General Purpose of the Position
Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor, the role provides medical care, treatment, and follows-up on patients according to set protocols and universal hygiene standards/precautions. Role-holder provides supportive supervision to staff/volunteers, MoH staff, and ensures guidelines set in the health protocols are followed during the provision of medical care.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Promotes and implements the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention, and infection control, security rules and other procedures in the medical premises and ensures a safe working environment in the targeted HF and in the mobile clinic. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality always.
- Organizes out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, performing consultations and other minor medical procedures. Participating in the health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Supervises administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), and reports problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
- Oversees screening, treatment and follow up of malnourished patients in the field sites when required.
- Leads the outreach & hygiene promotion team and guide community health volunteers on effective project implementation.
- Participates in planning and undertaking health surveys, rapid assessments, as well as in the monitoring and evaluation of the health program activities. Provides inputs and data for monthly health activities’ reports.
- Participates and updates progress in the weekly technical meeting with health staff
- Ensures accurate record-keeping, ordering, and accountability of health equipment, supplies, and drugs.
- Ensures the quality of the health service given in all different locations meets the expected standards.
- Conducts training to build the capacity of staff/volunteers, MoH staff and the community at large
- Perform other related duties within the clinic as may be assigned.
Diploma in Nursing from an accredited institution (diploma in Nutrition will be an added advantage)
At least 2 years post qualifying experience in a similar environment/Humanitarian context
Possession of a valid practicing certificate
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, and internet)
- Leadership, people management, and development, teamwork and cooperation
- Service Orientation.
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards, and best practices
- Manages effectively his/her own time as well as flexible and available to work overtime when needed
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and Hausa Languages
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills and excellence as a team player
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Share this job with friends!!!