The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Case Management Intern
Job ID: 13-11018
Locations: Gombe, Jigawa, Niger, Kaduna, Kano, and Yobe
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A559 - Nigeria GF Malaria
Reports To: Senior Technical Manager, Malaria
- The State Case Management Intern is ideally a person with a medical or paramedical background (with experience or familiarity with health, particularly RMNCAH programs) who will work in close collaboration with the Country Office Case management Team as well as the State Specialists (PSM), and project partners on all aspects of project management and implementation of the Malaria-RMNCAH+N integration at the state level.
- S/he ensures timely and effective implementation of Malaria-RMNCAH+N integration activities in the state as well as assists the state specialists in providing oversight to LGA level routine activities e.g. LGA data validation meetings, data entry, supply chain data collection, last mile distribution of health commodities, trainings and so on.
- The Intern, will assist the State Specialist in ensuring that the project functions efficiently, providing oversight to all project activities. S/he will assist with logistics processes in project related procurements and documentation related to Malaria-RMNCAH+N integration activities.
- Additionally, s/he will assist the State Specialist in ensuring that all technical activities under the project are implemented in a timely and effective manner.
Project management, partner and donor relations. In collaboration with the State Specialist and the in-country team the State Case Management Intern will:
- Plan and implement Malaria-RMNCAH+N integration activities
- Responsible for filing of all activity reports in both soft and hard copies
- Assist in the project’s quality assurance processes
- Participate in accessing activity progress to ensure that the partners and local contractors maintain close adherence to work plans, meet designated milestones, deliverables, benchmarks, and provide technical assistance when needed.
- Support in knowledge management activities, including documentation of success stories, lessons learnt and activity reports.
- Assist in monitoring program implementation and use of resources.
Project technical support
In collaboration with the State Specialist and the in-country team, the State Case Management Intern will:
- Support oversight of routine activities such as Malaria-RMNCAH+N TWG, data validation, LMIS data collection and collation
- Support data entry routinely at the state level
- Keep inventory of project equipment at the state level
- Ability to travel domestically as required to support program activities.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- MBBS (preferred) or Graduate degree in pharmacy, nursing, public health, medical lab science or a health-related field required
- One year or less of experience in public health and health systems strengthening required;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, stakeholders, and donors.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Proficiency in Microsoft office Packages-Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English are essential.
- Training development and facilitation skills.
- Programme Management skills
Application Closing Date
27th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Kindly indicate your state of choice on your CV.
Share this job with friends!!!