Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IPC Supervisor
Location: Abakiliki, Ebonyi
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing and supervising an infection control program in a project or health facility, according to MSF-AEFUTHA protocols, safety and IPC measures, in order to ensure quality of care and safety of patients, caretakers and staff.
- In collaboration with each service activity manager, maintaining and supporting the day to day implementation of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including sterilization, laundry and kitchen, and providing technical supervision, training and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance
- Implementing as planned, the correct Сclean and dirty flows inside the health facility. Ensuring that environmental standards in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of hand washing stations etc.) and together with the Hospital Facilities Manager and WHS Supervisor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures
- As member of the Infection Control Committee, participating in and supporting the development and following up the Infection Control Action Plan.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Ensure that the correct flow patients, health workers, medical clothes and waste related to VHF care are followed
- Ensuring that environmental standards in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of hand washing stations etc.) and together with the NAM, AE-FUTHA Matron, Patron, IPC Link Nurse, focal point and EH Supervisor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures
- Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants and detergents.
- Checking the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment, including cleaning materials and equipment, PPE, etc.
- Identify the need of training, coaching, and feedback to change health worker attitude in order to ensure effective IPC observance
- Reporting any irregularities to NAM or IPC managers or PMR and producing reports with information recommendations for the monthly medical reporting
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education Nurse or Midwife (or equivalent diploma)
- Experience Preferable: Previous working experience working with MSF or other NGOs.
- Experience in OT, Intensive Care Unit is an asset. International NGO experience will be desirable
- Computer Literacy is essential
- Languages English Language essential
- Igbo language desirable.
Application Closing Date
7th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application, Cover Letter, CV, copy of relevant certificates and NYSC certificate / Exemption Letter to: Msfocb-Ebonyiemail@example.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Plot D33 Libration Estate (after the Enugu / Abakaliki express),
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen below:
Languages you speak
Years of relevant experience
Share this job with friends!!!