Invitation to A One Day Public Hearing and Presentation of Memoranda on:
- A bill for an Act to repeal the national health insurance scheme Act CAP N42, LFN 2004 and to Enact the National Health Insurance Commission Bill, 2019 (SB 65).
- Bill for an Act to establish the national commission for mental and substance abuse services, for the effective management of mental health in Nigeria and for other related matters, 2019 (SB 66)
As a follow up to the referral made by the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to the Committee in respect of the foregoing Bills and in furtherance of best legislative practices of allowing participation by the citizenry in the making of laws for the Federation, the senate committee on health do hereby invite the Stakeholders and the general public to present to it, written memoranda on the aforementioned Bills on or before Monday, 17th February, 2020.
In order to facilitate the writing of such memorandum the full text of the Bills could be accessed from the National Assembly website www.nass.gov.ng or collected in person from the address below:
Office of the Clerk, Senate Committee on Health, Room – 1-11, Basement Floor, New Senate Wing, National Assembly Complex, Abuja.
All written memoranda in respect of the Bills should be:
- Written in English
- Type in double line space
- Presented in not less than 15 hard copies, a soft copy and addressed
To: The Chairman, Senate Committee on Health, National Assembly Complex, Abuja.
Specifically invited are the following:
- Federal Ministry of Health
- Federal Ministry of Justice
- Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports
- The Nigeria Police Force
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency
- All Ministries of Health in the 36 states and FCT Secretariat of Health
- National Health Insurance Scheme
- All HMOs
- Nigeria Medical Association
- Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN)
- Joint Health Sector Union (JOHESU)
- Organized Labor (NLC, TUC, etc)
- All Medical Regulatory Bodies
- All Medical Professional Bodies
- All Medical Professional Associations
- Health Care Providers Association of Nigeria
- Human Rights Watch
- All Medical Directors of Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospitals
- All Chief Medical Directors/Medical Directors of Federal Tertiary Hospitals
- CBM Co. Nigeria
- Mutual Health Associations
- Head of States Health Insurance Agencies
- Civil Society Organizations
- International Donor organizations/Development Partners
- Association of Psychiatrists in Nigeria
- Association of Psychiatric Nurses of Nigeria
- Association of Clinical Psychologists
- Mental Health Foundation of Nigeria
- All Other Relevant Medical Professional Bodies/Associations
A One Day Public Hearing on the Bills is scheduled to hold on Monday, 17th February, 2020 by 10:00am at the senate conference hall 022, Ground floor, new senate wing, national assembly complex, Abuja.
For further inquiries, please contact the committee clerk on 0803-320-5115 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Dr. Ibrahim Y. Oloriegbe
Share this news with friends!!!