The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for a qualified candidate to fill the position below. This position is a local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: Resident Nurse (Female)
Department: AUN Clinic / New Foundation School
Summary of Position
The Resident Nurse shall work with the team at the Health Center directly under the Head Nurse to provide clinical and medical support for the HC doctor, nurses and to the patients at the NFS resident hall. She should ensure the Health & Wellness of NFS students.
The incumbent will reside in the NFS residence hall and be of service to the students during the day and when urgent instances occur.
- Nursing Certificate
- Valid License to practice / Nursing registration
- Two (2) to five (5) years of direct work experience
- Basic Nursing Ethics
- Ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Flexible with time.
- Ability to learn
- Attention to detail.
- Capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in-patient treatment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
- Tactfulness and professionalism
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References to: email@example.com The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
Share this job with friends!!!