The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research - An indigenous, non-profit organization registered in Nigeria in 2010 to promote best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN implements projects through a team of experienced health and allied professionals that include clinicians, laboratorians, community workers and health information specialists. CCCRN has established footprints in 14 states of Nigeria with offices in Abuja and Benue, where it has implemented quality public health initiatives and contributed to the global knowledge of effective health solutions in Nigeria.
CCCRN is the recipient of the Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award (ICHSSA) to increase access to high-quality comprehensive services and strengthen the capacity of families and communities living in target communities to care for and protect the children in their care. The project is implemented in 31 Local Government Areas of Akwa Ibom State and in 7 LGAs of Cross River State.
We require qualified candidates to fill the under-listed position through an external recruitment process:
Job Title: Program Officer
Locations: Uyo, Akwa Ibom and Calabar, Cross River
Slot: 2 Openings
The USAID/Nigeria funded Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award (ICHSSA) is to ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV. CCCRN urgently require the service of skilled, competent, and seasoned specialist in the field of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) program who understands the recent development in PEPFAR programming for Children and households susceptible to HIV.
- S/he will work with the State Program Manager to support the implementation of high-quality care and support activities for orphans and vulnerable children.
- The incumbent will coordinate the implementation of OVC program activities in line with PEPFAR guidelines within the state.
- Identify programmatic areas that are lagging behind on service coverage (such as PMTCT & EID) and initiate dialogue and actions
- Support the development of sustainable models for HIV care and support along the HIV cascade to different OVC sub-populations.
- Interfacing with GON, USG partners, and CBOs to facilitate synergies and initiatives to improve the package of care and support services to beneficiaries.
- S/he will strengthen linkages between CBOs, state and LGA structures for improved coordination of OVC service delivery planning and implementation at the community level.
- S/he ensure planned project results are achieved and documented at the CSOs level
- The incumbent will support the development of state work plans for the project and coordinate the implementation and reporting on all activities; receive and review monthly programmatic performance reports from CBOs and health facilities.
- S/he will directly manage sub-award recipients assigned for the purpose of coordinating implementation and service provision to the beneficiaries.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health or a related field; Solid working knowledge (practical skills) in PEPFAR OVC care and support highly desired.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in health program management in Nigeria including HIV, with at least three years’ experience working on HIV/AIDS Care, treatment and support programs in national or resource poor settings.
- Knowledge and understanding of pediatric home-based care, gender, stigma and discrimination.
- Experience in coordinating HIV/AIDS program implementation. Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Ability to work closely with CSO partners, government agencies and commitment to network mission.
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or knowledgeable on NOMIS M&E package and good understanding of institutional capacity building, grant management, service delivery and proposal development.
- Previous 5 years experience of managing sub-award recipients
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their CV / Resume and Cover Letter (as a single MsWord document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as email subject.
CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the positions.
Share this job with friends!!!