Save the Slum Initiative is a non-governmental organization committed to respond to current needs to improve the life of people living in slums and local communities across Nigeria. We are managed by independent non-partisan indigenous professionals with experience in various fields of WASH, Education, Health and Livelihood of humanitarian sectors and community development projects as they have had special trainings in the sectors of humanitarian interventions programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Menstrual Hygiene Management Officer
Locations: Adamawa, Yobe
Organization Type: National Organization
- Assist partners to plan and design menstrual hygiene management and support them in preparing the activities for MHM program, ensuring completeness and adequate baseline data, poverty sensitivity, maximum development impacts for targeted groups and appropriate approaches are being implemented.
- Ensure all project results proposed submitted by the partners are in line with the achievement of plans set out in the project’s Log Frame.
- Visit partner offices and projects in fields to support the development and implementation of project and approaches necessary to implement effective MHM programmes.
- Support partners to undertake research works, pilot new innovative and creative ideas for menstrual hygiene management focusing on formative research on menstrual hygiene management and supply chain development of sanitation materials etc.
- Support partner organisations’ link with local stakeholders for increased programme efficiency, leverage and achieve advocacy objectives.
- Support the MHM Programme team to design and implement a capacity building programme for implementing partners, local institution including identification of entrepreneurs and private organizations and relevant agencies
- Support Programme Manager to develop and update the annual work plan based on Log Frame objectives of the menstrual hygiene management project.
- Get involved in different programme and planning of MHM initiatives of STSI.
- Develop quarterly work plans based on annual plan and brief quarterly report with the alignment of targeted deliverables.
- Ensure timely receipt of quarterly progress and project completion reports from partners, review reports and provide feedback to partners against planned outputs, outcome and impact level results.
- Ensure effective utilization of the donors resources and whether funds are being used appropriately, according to the budget or not.
- Support MHM Programme Manager to develop quarterly, six-monthly, annual programme completion and other relevant reports of school WASH and menstrual hygiene management project.
- Initiate innovative approaches, creative works that add value and improved menstrual hygiene management.
- Initiate and undertake evidence based documentation, such as preparation of case studies, learning documents, research and studies on menstrual hygiene management.
- Work with partners to enhance and improve their abilities to analyse, document and communicate their work through quality reporting being specific on the school WASH and menstrual hygiene management.
- Work with the best interest of STSI and its beneficiaries in mind.
- Promote importance of value for money as part of organisational culture.
- Represent STSI MHM programme at meetings/forums/workshops whenever deemed necessary and advised by the line manager.
- Any reasonable official duties as requested by the Line Manager.
- The position will be based in Adamawa and Yobe State, Nigeria
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree or equivalent in Nursing, Community / Public / Environmental Health Sciences.
- At least 1 years of relevant experience, preferably with an international NGO.
- At least 1 years’ work experience in the area of adults’ training and training of trainers.
- Demonstrated previous experience in gender and MHM training a strong asset.
- Experience of working with public health officials as well as with grassroots communities is a strong asset
- Creativity in program implementation with a demonstrated pattern of logical thinking.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles and its application to program implementation is highly required.
- Computer literacy with good knowledge of Office application
- A strong team player, Outgoing personality with good communication and training skills
- Ability to communicate in English, Hausa, Fulfulde, and relevant location specific language.
- The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building.
- She will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level.
- Successful STSI team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
- STSI team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and STSI’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venue.
Application Closing Date
29th January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send no more than 4 page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the Position Requirements, and Location to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Savethesluminitiative@gmail.com
- Only females are to apply
- All applications must include the position title, location in the subject line.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Share this job with friends!!!