Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family Planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified applicants for the position of Program Manager in a Bill and Melinda Gate Foundation-funded project titled Resilient and Accelerated Scale-Up of DMPA-SC/Self Injection project in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Reports to: The Director of the Programmes
- Ensure effective technical lead of Family planning programming implementation activities of the project in ten states
- Contribute to operations and technical reviews of FP strategies in relevant areas of programming and ensure it reflects strategic plans and FP method mix at the national level as well as donor priorities.
- Provide technical support through oversight visits, coaching, mentoring and integrated supervision to State Program Officers in all the implementing states.
- Coordinate and facilitate RH/FP service delivery (quality and systems strengthening) with special emphasis on DMPA-SC and Self Injection and other related activities in project anchor sites and respective satellite sites.
- Liaise with State RH/FP team and other relevant government representatives (LGA health team) to facilitate quality improvement/health system strengthening activities.
- Provide overall coordination to all the state program officers ensuring prompt accountability of performance
- Establish, monitor and report on FP commodity availability and security in the project states.
- Provide leadership to the development of annual work plans as well as state-level monthly/ quarterly implementation work plans for all the State Program Officers on the project.
- In collaboration with the leadership of sub-grantee, identify key issues and capacity gaps with potential to hinder effective delivery of quality programmes.
- Oversee the quality implementation and support of ongoing programming based on robust grant management and monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Ensure adherence to all donor requirements in programming, activities, reports, security, procurement, HR and financial grant management protocols.
- Provide guidance to senior program staff to ensure that data on FP is used effectively for advocacy and realignment of project implementations as necessary.
- Oversee donor and internal narrative reporting, ensuring that all reports are of high quality and meet the standard of ARFH and donor requirements.
- Ensure mentorship for program staff in order to maintain a high standard of capacity for the implementation of quality programming. Oversee the performance evaluation process for all the projects staff.
- Work with Director of Programmes to establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations on all programming aspect and to meet commodity needs.
- Establish and maintain a relationship with relevant coordination bodies and line ministries to promote advocacy priorities on the Family planning project.
- Prepare relevant reports including quarterly, half-year reports, positive results achieved on the project and lessons learnt and ensure they are shared with stakeholders including donor in a timely manner.
- Coordinate project review meetings, project monitoring and evaluation, reporting and documentation
- Promote the integration of FP into RH programmes and other relevant units including Postpartum Clinics.
- Ensure adherence to project policies and guidelines on all the component parts with a specific focus on Quality Improvement /Health System Strengthening.
- Participate actively in any other duties assigned by the President/CEO and the Director of Programs.
- Applicants must possess a medical background (MBBS or BSc Nursing) with a Master’s degree in Public Health or related field.
- Minimum of 5-10 years working experience on donor-funded Family Planning, Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health projects in Nigeria with good knowledge of epidemiology and significant understanding of clinical and community-based health projects with a focus on vulnerable populations.
- Must have excellent skills in project/grant management, project monitoring, use of data to improve project implementation, project finance skills/documentations and quality project reporting.
- Ability to relate effectively with development partners, Civil Society Organizations and Ministry of Health at national and state levels, strong skills in leadership, organizational/institutional capacity strengthening, interpersonal relations and written/oral communication.
- He/she should also have proficiency in computer packages such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as necessary. Experience and a good understanding of international donor regulations, principles and procedures are desirable.
Application Closing Date
6th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applications that fail to comply with the above instructions will be disqualified while only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Share this job with friends!!!