Job Title: Registered Nurse/ Registered Midwife (Double Qualification. Preferable)
Reports to: The Director of Nursing Services
The selected candidate will be responsible for the delivery of basic nursing care to patients. She will be responsible for ensuring uniformity in the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to all patients, whilst upholding global standards enforced by management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare patients for physical examinations, observations, urinalysis, procedures, treatment and pre-employment screenings.
• Orchestrate various procedures such as wound dressing, incision and draining, injection administration, vaccinations and others as needed.
• Administer patients’ health checklists .
• Maintain accurate and detailed records of patients’ medical history, vital signs and conducted procedures.
• Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions while under observation.
• Engage patients for obtaining data on their circumstances in relation to diets and lifestyle for Doctors’ information.
• Identify accurately potential health risks confronting the patient for Doctors’ information.
• Assist Doctors’ in implementing clinical procedures.
• Observe admitted patients while ensuring frequent checks of vital signs as required by standard nursing practice and administering medications to patients in line with Doctor’s prescription.
• Distribute as required, issued medical brochures and relevant medical information to ensure patients are well informed about topics such as childbirth, disease prevention and sexual health.
• Co-operatively work with colleagues to maintain a professional learning culture.
• Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical instruments before and after use.
• Flexibly work in all facilities as required.
• Raise requisition for required consumables
• Foster a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
• Expand knowledge and capabilities by attending educational workshops, conferences etc.
• Other tasks as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Nursing with additional qualification or any other relevant training.
• Minimum of 20 years post NYSC/qualification experience covering different aspects of nursing, especially immunization and family planning.
• Excellent knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
• Excellent knowledge of emergency care
• In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (sanitation, decontamination etc.) and willingness to follow them at all times
Key Competencies and Attributes:
· Good documentation ability to prepare high quality summaries and reports
· Computer literate previous experience in use of electronic medical record system or willing ness to learn
· Diligent and hardworking
· Detail oriented and ability to multitask
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Good team player with proven organizational and administrative skills
· Demonstrate ability to exercise discretion.
· Demonstrates a positive disposition to learning and willing to take on tasks.
· Must be able to demonstrate good stress management
· An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
· Should be pleasant, patient and honest.
SEND CV TO email@example.com