Nigeria's Premier Private University, Igbinedion University, Okada hereby invites application from suitably qualified candidates into the following programmes in its School of Post Graduate Studies and Research.
- COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES PROGRAMMES:
- Economics and Developmental Studies - PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D Areas of Specialization
- Development Economics
- International Economics
- Finance and Public Sector Economics
- Monetary Economics Financial Economics
- International Relations & Strategic Studies - PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D Areas of Specialization Ph.D International Relations
- Humanitarian Studies
- Development Assistance
- Foreign Policy and Diplomatic Studies Ph.D Strategic Studies
- Defence and Security Studies
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Transborder Crime and Terrorism
- Mass Communication - PGD, M.Sc Options
- Print Journalism
- Broadcast Journalism
- Public Relations
- Political Science & Public Administration - PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D Areas of Specialization
- Political Sociology
- Political theory
- Comparative Politics and Development Studies
- Public Policy
- Management of Public Sector Organization
- Management of Public Enterprises
- Comparative and Public Administration
- Theatre Arts - PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D Areas of Specialization
- Film and Media Arts
- Acting/ Presentational Speech
- Dramatic Theory and Criticism
- Costume/ Make-up Design
- Scenography and Set Design
- Community Theatre/ IfD
- Theatre Administration and Events Management
- COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES PROGRAMMES:
- Accounting (PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Business Management (PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Banking and Finance (PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D)
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) (Academics) Areas of Specialization
- Management Information System
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing Management
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING PROGRAMMES:
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING - M.Eng, Ph.D
Areas of Specialization: Reaction Engineering Process Control/ Analysis Environmental Polymer Process Design/ Optimization Corrosion Engineering
- ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING - M.Eng, Ph.D
Areas of Specialization: Control/ Instrumentation Electronics/ Telecommunication Power/ Machines
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING - M.Eng, Ph.D Areas of Specialization:
- Thermal Power Engineering
- Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- Applied Energy Engineering
- Design Nad Manufacture
- Industrial/ Maintenance Engineering
- Engineering Management
- COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCE PROGRAMMES:
- BIOCHEMISTRY - M.Sc, Ph.D
Areas of Specialization: Toxicology and Environmental Biochemistry Nutirtion, Food Chemistry and Health Ethno-Biochemistry Medical and Clinical Biochemistry
- PHYSIOLOGY - M.Sc Options . . Environmental and Applied Physiology . Cardiovascular Physiology and Metabolism . Gastrointestinal Physiology, Inflammation and Carcinogenesis . Endocrine, Reproductive Physiology and Embryogenesis . Neuroscience
- CLINICAL SCIENCE PROGRAMMES:
- NURSING - M.Sc, PGDN Options:
- Medical-Surgical Nursing (MSN)
- Community Health Nursing (CHN)
- Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health Nursing (MN & CHN)
- COLLEGE OF LAW PROGRAMMES:
LAW (LLM, Ph.D)
Areas of Specialization
- International Law
- Public Law
- Environmental Law
- Business Law
- Private and Property Law Jurisprudence
- COLLEGE OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES PROGRAMMES:
- MICROBIOLOGY - PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D
Areas of Specialization:
- Environmental and Public Health Microbiology
- Food and Industrial Microbiology
- Brewing Science
- Plant Pathogenic Microbiology
- Animal Pathogenic Microbiology (Medical Microbiology)
- Immunology and Immunochemistry
- Microbial Physiology and Biochemistry
- Pollution Studies
- COMPUTER SCIENCE & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY - PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D
Areas of Specialization:
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Operating Systems and Systems Programming
- Artificial Intelligence and Expert System
- Information System and Security
- Internet Technology
- Mobile Computing
- Cloud Computing
- COLLEGE OF PHARMACY PROGRAMMES:
- PHARMACEUTICS AND PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY - M.Sc
Liposome Technology/ Drug Delivery System Optimization Powder and tableting Technology/ Phytomedicine
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
- A Candidate for Postgraduate Studies in Igbinedion University must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents) NOTE: A CREDIT PASS IN MATHS AND ENGLISH IS REQUIRED.
- Four credits at Ordinary level, Plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advanced level passes or any other equivalent qualification.
- A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate Programmes of the University. He/She must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters Programmes.
- A candidate applying for the Ph.D in any Programmes of Igbinedion University must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 60% in the Master's degree.
- Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion Certificate can be allowed to clear into the different courses.
- Nursing : In addition to the above, applicants for:
- Must be Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Must possess a valid Midwifery Council of Nigeria license -PGD Nursing(PGDN):
- Must be Registered Nurse (RN) and Registered Midwife (RM)
- Must have a first Bachelors degree in related health subjects, e.g. Psychology, Nutrition, etc.
- Computer Science: Applicants with degree in Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, BSc.(Ed) Computer may be considered
- Physiology: Applicants with related B.Sc. degree, where Physiology has been part of courses taught could be considered.
TRANSCRIPTS: Candidate should request for their transcripts from their former institution. Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed.
REFEREES REPORTS Candidates should print out the referee forms provided in the application page, fill and return directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply Online at www.iuokada.edu.ng/pgschool
- Print out confirmation page
- Obtain a Bank draft of N15, 000 from any commercial bank in favour of: PG School, Igbinedion University, Okada.
- Send Confirmation page print out, Bank draft and Photocopies of relevant credentials to: SECRETARY, SCHOOL OF POST GRADUATE STUDIES (MAIN CAMPUS), IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, EDO STATE preferably by courier.
- Candidates are advised-to also send all documents including scanned copy of Bank draft by email email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
Deadline for application into the PGD and Masters PROGRAMMESs is 31st March 2020. There is no deadline for application into the PhD Programmes.
ADDMISSION PROCEDURE: Only candidates who have been offered letter of admission into the various PG PROGRAMMESs are to proceed to pay the total amount of Non-Refundable Acceptances fees which will be communicated to them
For General Enquiries: 08034701511(Dean, PG School) 07032511003(Sec., PG School) 08063170869(Sub Dean PG School) 08037511008(Sub Dean PG School) 08034695023(University Bursar) Email- firstname.lastname@example.org Website- www.iuokada.edu.ng/pgschool
Note: A non refundable acceptance fee must be paid as part payment of tuition before commencement of the program.
Dr. Edwin 0. Okoro Registrar
Share this news with friends!!!