Green Energy International Limited, Operator of Otakikpo Marginal Field OW_ I I with operational base at lkuru Town, Andoni Local Government Area of Rivers State is offering a number of higher education awards for undergraduate and post graduate study to suitably qualified students of Ikuru Town, Ugarna Ekede, Ayama Ekede, Asuk Oyet, Asuk Ama and other communities located in Andoni Local Government Area of Rivers State, Nigeria. The scholarship is designed to enhance human capital development as well as the provision of qualitative education for the host communities. The scholarship scheme is also a testimony of GEILs commitment to sustaining and strengthening relationship with the host communities. Through the scheme, GEIL is raising the next generation of leaders for the communities and the Nation.
Green Energy Scholarship Awards Requirements / Eligibility
To qualify for consideration, applicant MUST:
- Be registered FULL TIME as an undergraduate or post-graduate in a recognized Nigerian University or Polytechnic;
- Be already enrolled in the university or polytechnic at the application;
- Must have completed the one-year National youth service (NYSC) programme or have an exemption letter in the case of a postgraduate applicant;
- Possess not less than 200 CGPA on 5 point scale or equivalent Applicants MUST provide their statement of result and/or Transcript duly signed and stamped by the Registrar or appropriate authority of their institution;
- Be undertaking study in any discipline accredited by the Nigerian University Commission (NUC) or National Board for Technical Education (NBTE);
- Provide Andoni Local Government Area Identification Certificate;
- Bea native of lkuru Town, Ugama Ekede, Ayama Ekede, Asuk Oyet, Asuk Ama or other communities in Andoni Local Govemment Area of Rivers State.
- Provide a duly endorsed letter from one of followings: Recognized Traditional Chief, Board of Trustee Member, Community Youth President and Chairman of Community Development Association.
- All qualified applicants will sit for an online test.
Please Note: The following categories of students need not apply:
- Current beneficiaries of similar awards from the oil and gas industry Students with less than 2.80 CGPA on a 5-point scale or equivalent or
- Students who are not natives of Andoni Local Government Area
How to Apply for Green Energy Scholarship Awards Application forms are ONLY available online. Visit www.greenenergyAg (click on scholarship form) to apply
Before you start this application, ensure you have clearly scanned copies of the following documents in PDF /JPEG format for upload:
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (4SOpx by 4S0px and weighing not more than 200kb)
- Valid ID card issued by educational institution.
- Admission letter.
- Birth certificate. 0' Level / A' Level result
- JAMB result.
- Statement of Result / Transcript, signed by the Registrar or appropriate authority of the educational institution.
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result (For Post Graduate Applicants Only)
- Andoni Local Government Area Identification Certificate.
- Provide a duly endorsed letterfrom one of followinglRecogritzed Traditional Chief, Board of Trustee Member, Community Youth President and Chairman of Community Development Association.
Ensure the title of the scanned documents are properly described in the manner outlined above to avoid mixing up documents during upload. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload.
- GEIL DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS.
The application form is free of charge
- GEIL DOES NOT ASSIGN 'Representatives' / 'Agents' to assist applicants to process applications.
- Multiple applications attract automatic disqualification.
- The application opens on 28th October 2019 and closes 15th November 2019.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- GEIL is not under obligation to offer any kind of employment to successful candidates upon graduation neither are candidates bonded to GEIL on account of this scholarship.
- All applicants are advised to ensure their mobile telephone numbers and personal Email addresses are properly entered into thee-forms on the website.
Share this news with friends!!!