COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE RETREAT FOR GOVERNING BOARD MEMBERS AND MANAGEMENT STAFF OF CHPRBN, HELD AT GK GUEST PALACE HOTEL, KANO, KANO STATE. FROM 28TH JULY TO 2ND AUGUST 2019
The Community Health Practitioners Registration Board of Nigeria (CHPRBN) is a parastatal of the Federal Government, established by CAP C19, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 and saddled with the responsibility of regulating the profession of Community Health in Nigeria.
The Governing Board and management staff of the Community Health Practitioners Registration Board of Nigeria (CHPRBN) held a Retreat at GK Guest Palace, Kano from 28th July to 2nd August 2019, to evaluate the level of implementation of the Board’s activities and re-plan to enable it realize the objectives for which the Board was set up. During the Retreat, some resource persons delivered lectures and discussions were held on relevant issues. The following resolutions were made:
- The Board has achieved, significantly, the objectives of determining the standards for which it was established.
- That there was the urgent need to review the Act establishing the Board to accommodate issues relating to task shifting, review the training curricula and the National Standing Orders.
- That the process of administration of the National Examinations in Community Health be reviewed to make it more effective.
- That the Board must employ and deploy technology in its administrative and other processes by establishing a registration and payment portal and an effective website.
- That the Board should continue to work with relevant Government agencies (FMOH, NPHCDA etc) at all levels to ensure that the available pool of trained Community Health Practitioners are gainfully employed.
- That all institutions in Nigeria employing Community Health Practitioners should ensure they are registered with the Board and have valid practice licenses for purposes of employment and promotion.
- That the Board should publish, regularly, the list of all accredited training institutions to protect unsuspecting applicants from attending un-accredited training institutions and check the proliferation of such training institutions.
- A new register be opened for the registration and licensing of Primary Health Care Tutors.
- That the National Association Community Health Practitioners of Nigeria should continue to promote cooperation amongst its members.
The Board expresses its appreciation to the Federal Government of Nigeria for re-constituting the Governing Board of CHPRBN and facilitating the realization of the objectives for which the Board was set up.
Being resolutions reached this 2nd day of August 2019.
Chairman, Governing Board
Registrar/Secretary, Governing Board
Share this news with friends!!!