FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer - Midwifery
Location: Boki and Etung LGAs, Cross River
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
Slot: 2 Openings
The Assistant Technical Officer, Midwifery will assist female patients in all stages of pregnancy, childbirth and post-delivery.
S/he will also provide antenatal and postnatal advice and support to women and their families through supported health facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide high quality patient care.
- Provides direct patient care and accompany in the management of pre-natal, antenatal, inpatient and follow-up care for women (including deliveries).
- Provides comprehensive sexual and reproductive health information and services including family planning counselling and services to prevent and treat malaria, tetanus, STI, HIV.
- Provides training and management in the prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV
- Provides reproductive health services and counselling to adolescents in the prevention of teen pregnancy, transmission of STI/HIV, and sexual violence related injuries.
- Adheres to the relevant Code of conduct and ethics
- Participates in outreach and community health programs (as required)
- Participates in Continuing Professional Development (i.e. trainings, mentoring)
- Plans care of the patient in collaboration with the site doctor.
- Provision of direct nursing care i.e. Administration of IV medications, wound dressings clinical observations etc.
- Maintains all reusable equipment by cleaning and sterilizing appropriately.
- Maintain adequate and correct records of patient care including consumables & instruments utilized (if any)
- Ensure high quality maternal health services at all project sites.
- Works with technical support and M&E teams to collect appropriate baseline data over the life of the project
- Compiles and submits periodic reports
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
- Qualifications and Requirements
- BSc. Nursing, Public Health or other closely related field with 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Must be a Registered Nurse/Midwife
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in a humanitarian crisis is highly desirable.
- Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability and willingness to stay at the LGA is required.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to distribution sites.
- Excellent spoken and written English language and local languages in the communities.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience working in clinical setting is an asset.
- Ability to prepare weekly and monthly program reports.
- Be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan.
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FHI 360 does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Share this job with friends!!!