PTAD Commences the Fourth Phase of Parastatals Pensioner Verification Exercise for Pensioners under the Defined Benefit Scheme
Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD), wishes to announce the recommencement of the Parastatal Pensioner Verification Exercise for pensioners and Next of Kin (NoK) of all Treasury Funded Parastatals, Agencies and institutes under the Defined Benefit Scheme (DBS) in the South West, North East, South Fast, North West and North Central geopolitical zones.
The verification exercise will cover retirees of 270 agencies including:
- Federal Universities
- Colleges of Education
- Medical Centers
- Teaching Hospitals
- Power Holding Company of Nigeria
- Nigeria Railway Corporation
- Nigeria Railway Corporation
- Research Institutes and other Treasury funded Parastatals, Agencies and Institutes.
The exercise will also cover retirees of the defunct/privatized agencies who are yet to be verified such as:
- Aluminium Smelter Company of Nigeria (ALSCON)
- Nigeria Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO)
- Assurance Bank
- Nigerian National Shipping Line (NNSL)
The dates and venues for the exercise in the afore - mentioned geopolitical zones are as follows:
In order to be verified, it is mandatory for all pensioners & Next of Kin (NoK) to provide the original and photocopies of the following documents:
- Letter of First Appointment.
- Evidence of Transfer/ Merger of Service (where applicable)
- Letter of Last Promotion.
- 1 recent coloured passport photograph
- Approved Letter of Retirement.
- BVN Registration Slip clear picture (stamped and signed by the Bank)
- Audited and Stamped Computation Sheet.
- Evidence of Change of Name (where applicable).
- Letter of Confirmation of appointment. applicable)
- Original and Stamped Bank Statement for the last 1 month and/or e - token as applicable
- Valid means of Identification (Driving License, International Passports, National ID Card or Voters Registration Card
- Last Pay Slip
In addition to the afore - mentioned documents, Next of Kins(NoKs) are also required to provide the following mandatory documents:
- Death Certificate of the Deceased from a Government Hospital or National Population Commission.
- Letter of Administration from a High Court
- Single/Joint Application by the NOK(s); as listed on the Letter of Administration
- Marriage Certificate (for Spouses).
- Original and Stamped Bank Statement of the deceased pensioner from retirement to date and/or e - token as applicable.
- Duly signed and stamped NUBAN Single/Joint Bank Account Statement of the NOK(s), with Bank Logo.
- BVN Registration Slip with clear picture (stamped and signed by the bank).
- 1 coloured Passport Photograph of each NOK.
- Valid means of Identification (Driving License, Intl Passport, National ID Card or Voters Registration Card).
Pensioners are also to NOTE as follows:
- All Pensioners currently living outside the Country will be verified whenever they visit the country provided they show proof of residency outside Nigeria. Such proof should be provided in advance via PTAD's emailI: email@example.com
- Mobile verification will be conducted for sick and infirm Pensioners. The original documents of the pensioners must be brought to the verification venue together with proof of infirmity for authentication, before mobile verification can be scheduled.
- This verification exercise does not include Customs, Immigration and Prison pensioners, Civil Service pensioners and Police pensioners, as well as Parastatals pensioners who had previously been verified by PTAD.
- All Letters of Introduction for new enrolees (those not currently on payroll) must be personally signed by the Chief Executive Officer of the Agency, to be acceptable for verification.
NOTICE: Pensioners should further note that they DO NOT have to travel to the States where they retired from to be verified. They can be verified at any of the centres in the geo-polltical zones where they currently reside.
for further inquires contact: Toll Free Lines: 0800-CALL-PTAD(0800-2255-7823)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Follow Us on Twitter: @PTADNigeria.
Visit our website www.ptad.gov.ng for more information.
Phone No (Charges Apply): +234(0)9-462-1700, +234(0)8136048117
FRAUD ALERT! Pensioners are advised to be wary of FRAUDSTERS as Pension payment Is free. PTAD will NEVER request for cash to process your pension. Please call 08114607574 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to report suspicious phone calls or messages. PTAD will hand over such suspects to security agencies for prosecution.
Share this news with friends!!!