The Obafemi Awolowo University is a comprehensive public institution established in 1962 as The University of Ife. The University is situated on a vast expanse of land totaling 11,861 hectares in Ile-Ife, Osun State, southwest of Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Lecturer
Location: Ile-Ife, Osun
Faculty: Basic Medical Science
Department: Nursing Science
Area of Specialization: Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing/Medical Surgical Nursing/Maternal and Child Health Nursing
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates applying for the position of Senior Lecturer must possess a Bachelor Degree in Nursing Science with not less than Second Class Upper Division, Master of Science in Nursing (with Thesis).
A PhD. in Nursing and must be registered as a Nurse/Midwife/Public Health, Nurse/Mental Health-Psychiatric Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
Academic experience between 8 and 10 years in a University environment with specialization in Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing/Medical Surgical Nursing/Matemaland Child Health Nursing with at least 13 publications in reputable national and international journals.
Application Closing Date
5th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 25 copies of their Applications and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae giving the following information in order as listed below:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters).
- Post Applied for (State the Department/Unit)
- Date and place of birth (attach birth certificate/sworn affidavit).
- State of Origin, Senatorial District and Local Government Area (if a Nigerian)
- Permanent Home Address.
- Current Postal Address / including G.S.M. Telephone number and E-mail Address.
- Marital Status.
- Number of Children and their Ages.
- Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic/Professional qualifications and distinctions obtained with dates (attach copies of credentials).
- Work Experience with dates.
- Present Employment, Status and Salary (if any).
- Research interests and activities
- Conferences / courses attended (state titles of papers presented if any).
- Professional accomplishment.
- Publications with date.
- Service to national and international bodies.
- Extra-Curricular Activities.
- Any physical challenge?
- Names and address of three (3) referees who must have been closely associated with Candidates’ academic/work experience.
Applications and Curriculum Vitae of all interested candidates are to be forwarded to the address below:
Obafemi Awolowo University,
Ile-Ife - Osun State.
“For the attention of Director of Personnel Affairs"
Candidates applying for this position are advised to request their referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar. The reports should be duly marked “Confidential”.
Only the applications of short- listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Share this job with friends!!!