Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the 2017/2018 academic session in the underlisted programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees of Babcock University.
* Regular Semester Module. This runs from September to April every year.
* Elongated Semester Module. This runs for 24 weeks (Weekends only), beginning July every year.
SCHOOL OF NURSING SCIENCE
Department: Nursing Science
Program: Nursing Science
Degree in view: M.Sc.
Areas of Specialization:
* Maternal Child Health Nursing
* Adult Health Nursing (Medical- Surgical)
* Community/Public Health Nursing
* Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
* Nursing Education
* Nursing Administration
A graduate from a recognized University or a person with qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a first degree may be admitted.
A Candidate with a first degree from a recognized University with a minimum of a second class lower division may be admitted. A candidate with a good postgraduate diploma from a recognized University or with a professional certification in addition to first degree or HND may also be admitted to a Masters Degree programme.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree:
A candidate with a good Masters Degree not less than 60% average from a recognized University or4.00 CGPAon a 5 point scale maybe admitted.
Minimum Duration of Courses
Three or four semesters for the Masters Degree (e.g MPH = 4). M.Phil.: four semesters after the completion of the Masters Degree. Ph.D. six semesters for full time programme.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Downloading and printing the Application Form in PDF format, fill it and return the hardcopy with the required documents and a non- refundable application fee of N10,000 paid into Babcock Microfinance Bank, or in bank draft drawn on the name BABCOCK UNIVERSITY from any bank. At the back of the draft fill the candidate’s names and choice of programme.
2, Completed Application forms should be accompanied with photocopies of:
* Bachelor’s Degree/HND Certificate
* Master’s Degree Certificate for candidates proposing to pursue Ph.D.
* NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate for Nigerian Candidates
* Marriage Certificate or Evidence of Change of Name(s) where applicable
* 2 recent passport-size photographs
3. Candidates should ensure that their academic transcripts are sent to the School of Postgraduate Studies from their former Universities. While provisional admission can be granted on the basis of certificates, no application is fully returned without the full transcripts of previous academic engagement; and this is the responsibility of the candidate. Application forms duly completed should be addressed and be sent by courier services or by hand to:
School of Postgraduate Studies
Babcock University, llishan Remo, Ogun State