Registration opens today for the International Council of Nurses' (ICN) Congress "Nurses at the forefront transforming care" to be held 27 May - 1 June 2017 in Barcelona, Spain.
Members of nursing associations, other health professionals, and members of the public may register online at the ICN Congress website: www.icncongress.com
The Congress will be headlined by top international speakers including:
• Linda Aiken, Director of the Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research and The Claire M. Fagin Leadership Professor of Nursing and Professor of Sociology at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
• Rowaida Al Maaitah, Faculty of Nursing at Jordan University of Science and Technology, consultant for HRH Princess Muna El Hussein for health and social development and Vice president of the National Council For Women's Health
• Katja Iversen, President and CEO of Women Deliver
• Leslie Mancuso, President and CEO of Jhpiego and American Academy of Nursing Fellow
• Sandra Ryan, Vice President at Walmart Care Clinics
• Mary Wakefield, Administrator of the Health Resources and Services Administration, US Department of Health and Human Services
• Jean White, Chief Nursing Officer (Wales) and Nurse Director at NHS Wales
• Aiko Yamamoto, President, Japanese Society of Disaster Nursing
• Li-Mong You, Professor, Yat Sen University School of Nursing, China
Participants can also register for the spectacular opening ceremony, the popular biennial fundraising luncheon for the Florence Nightingale International Foundation, a wide range of concurrent sessions including dynamic papers accepted through a highly competitive abstract selection process; and a host of professional visits to learn about nursing practice and health care in Spain.
The early-bird discount price for registration closes on 17 February 2017.
This international gathering of thousands of nurses will explore the importance and possibilities of being active agents of change in the current health care reforms. The ICN Congress will provide opportunities for nurses to build relationships and to disseminate nursing knowledge across specialties, cultures and countries.
Based around the congress theme, “Nurses at the forefront transforming care”, the inspiring plenary sessions will look closely at the future of health care systems and how nurses can be involved in the ongoing reforms. Featured main sessions will offer the most recent expertise on topics such as achieving the SDGs, workplace safety and staffing strategies, and disaster preparedness and nursing in conflict. Concurrent sessions, symposia and posters will address these issues and many more.
The Council of National Representatives (CNR) meeting will run prior to the congress from 25-27 May. The CNR is the governing body of the International Council of Nurses and meets every two years in conjunction with ICN’s congresses.
A commercial and professional exhibition run concurrently with the congress will give universities, health ministries, nursing organisations, publishers, pharmaceutical companies and local artisans the opportunity to showcase their products and services and present the most recent health care information.
Visit www.icncongress.com to view the full programme and list of confirmed speakers
Share this news with friends!!!