The Nigerian Navy invites applications from qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Nurse (Medical)
* B.NSc or equivalent with post basic qualification in a nursing field.
* Sub specialisations such as ICU, A&E, Theatre, Anaesthesia will be an added advantage.
General Information to Candidates
Candidates are advised to read these instructions carefully before completing the application:
* Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
* Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
* Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
All applicants must be single.
* Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC.
* Male applicants must not be less than 1.70 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.67 meters tall.
* Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 31st December 2016. Those over 28 and 30 years, as applicable, need not apply.
* Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date, time and result of the aptitude test will be placed on the website.
Applicants are to choose any of the following centres for the qualifying aptitude test:
* Abuja - Command Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
* Bauchi - Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
* Owerrinta - Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics School, Owerrinta.
* Lagos - Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Ojo.
* Port-Harcourt - Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
* Sokoto - Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
Applicants are to bring the following to the Aptitude Test Centres:
* Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
* Local Government Attestation Card.
* Acknowledgment Form.
* Photocopies of Certificates including NYSC Discharge Certificate.
* Please note that any attempt to inundate the Naval Headquarters with letters from any quarters by any applicant will be viewed as a ploy to undermine the enlistment process and will lead to disqualification of such applicants. In addition, applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
Submission of Form
On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click SUBMIT on the portal and generate the applicant’s transaction ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the Application Summary.
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2016.
Method of Application
Register to enroll with the Nigerian Navy in five (3) easy steps:
* Step 1: Click on the Register button after completing the task of creating an account on the portal by providing a valid "Email Address (which will be used as your User Name) and Password". Note: You will need your Email Address (User Name) and Password to log in next time.
* Step 2: Complete the Ratings Application form. Make sure you review your data carefully before submitting. You may log in at anytime before application closes to make changes after submission.
* Step 3: Download and print a copy of your completed Application form which must include the following parts:
* Applicant's Declaration and Certification by Parent/Guardian form.
* Local Government Area Certification Form.
* Police Certification Form.
* Guarantor Form.
Note: Interested members of the public are requested to note the following information on method of application. Applications are free of charge. Applicants are to apply only once. Multiple online applications will be disqualified.
Share this job with friends!!!