Three scholarships will be awarded to help nurses from *underrepresented groups
complete their studies toward a Master of Science in Nursing degree. Scholarship winners will also receive complementary registration to the 2016 AWHONN annual convention. The scholarship winners will be announced by April 1, 2016 for the Fall 2016 academic term. Scholarships will be presented at the 2016 AWHONN Annual Convention.
To apply for this scholarship, students must meet all four of the following criteria:
• Be a minority in the nursing profession
• Be enrolled (as of January 2016) in an accredited MSN program in the United States OR an accelerated master’s entry program in nursing for students with bachelor’s degrees in fields other than nursing (such as BA-to-MSN). Applicants must be seeking degree in women’s or mother/baby specialties (EX: Women’s Health, Neonatal or Obstetric care)
• Have a 3.0 GPA or better (on a 4.0 scale)
• Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Deadline: Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 12:00AM
Applications will receive an auto-reply email upon submission.
1. Gather all documentation and prepare your statement.
2. Complete this online form in its entirety and submit it one (1) time. Incomplete entries will not be saved.
3. Applications will not be accepted by mail, fax or email
Click HERE to Apply
*A member of an Underrepresented Minority Group, meaning those racial and ethnic populations that are underrepresented in the nursing profession relative to their numbers in the general population. In Nursing, this is typically defined as individuals from the following backgrounds: American Indian, Alaskan Native, Asian American, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander. Caucasian/non-Hispanic applicants are not eligible candidates; gender does not apply to minority status for the purposes of this scholarship.