The Honourable minister of education mallam ibrahim shekaru CON hereby invites interested and qualified nigerians to participate in the 2015/16 nomination interview for bilateral education agreement (BEA) scholarship awward for:
1) Undergraduate studies tenable in russia, cuba, morocco, algeria, romania, ukraine, turkey, egypt, japan, serbia, macedonia and hungary and
11) Postgraduate studies tenable in russia, china, turkey japan, serbia, mexico, hungary, south korea etc
2) All qualified candidates are advised to
- Visit federal scholarship boards website www. fsb.gov.ng
- Complete the application form online
- print the completed application form
- Submit two sets of the completed application forms at the venue of the
interview as scheduled
NOTE/wARINING: double entries will be disqualified
3) FIELDS OF STUDY
- Undergraduate level - Agriculture, economics, computer science, engineering, geology, sciences, mathematics, languages, environment sciences, sports, law, social sciences and with limited slots for medicine
- Postgraduate level (masters degree and Ph.D) in all fields
4) CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
(A). Undergraduate Scholarship
All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC or NECO (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their field of study including English language and Mathematics.
Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2013 or 2014)
Minimum age is 18years and maximum 22 years old at the time of taking up the award
(B). Postgraduate Scholarship
All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least Two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
All applicants must have completed NYSC.
Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
Note: (For all Applicants):
The donor countries are non english speaking. Applicants should therefore be prepared to undertake mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the medium of instructions and
11) For postgraduate applicants for russian award, the candidate must have obtained his/her first degree in rusia
Venue of Interview:
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues nearest to them as scheduled for their respective states of origin. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two authenticated photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonial of previous school attended
in two envelopes with their originals for sighting
- Only one Certificate will be accepted ie WAEC or NECO
- Two copies of Birth Certificate from national population commission (NPC) only
- State of Origin Certificate duly signed, stamped and dated.
- Four passport sized colour photographs on white background
- Data page of current International Passport, and
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificate will be required from applicants for postgraduate studies.
NB: Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA Countries will be required to submit to federal scholarship board the following
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates and
- Specified medical reports and police clearance certificate
TIME: 9:00AM DAILY
Share this news with friends!!!