Vacancy Notice No: HQ/14/HIS/TA163
Contract type: Temporary appointment
Duration of contract: one year
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Organization unit: HQ/HIS Health Systems and Innovation (HQ/HIS) / HQ/HSR - Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research (HQ/HSR)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
The Alliance HPSR is an international collaboration based within the Health Systems and Innovation Cluster of WHO/HQ that aims to promote the generation and use of health policy and systems research as a means to improve developing country health systems. The objectives of the Alliance HPSR are to:
- stimulate the generation and synthesis of policy-relevant health systems knowledge, encompassing evidence, tools and methods;
- promote the dissemination and use of HPSR knowledge to improve the performance of health systems;
- facilitate the development of capacity for the generation, dissemination and use of HPSR knowledge among researchers, policy-makers and other stakeholders.
Description of duties:
While the incumbent will work with different members of the Alliance HPSR on different pieces of work, s/he will be under the overall direction of the Executive Director, HSR. S/he provide analytical support to the Alliance HPSR.
Specifically, the Technical Officer will:
- develop and manage the Alliance HPSR portfolio of work in the area of policy analysis of health systems in low- and middle-income countries;
- support the Alliance HPSR efforts to produce a comprehensive report to monitor the field of health policy and systems research;
- manage the Alliance HPSR portfolio of research in the area of Universal Health Coverage (UHC), currently focused on the role of non-state providers towards the achievement of UHC;
- provide technical support to Implementation Research grants;
- support the management of the Alliance HPSR programme of research in the area of Results-Based Financing;
- assist the Executive Director, HSR to prepare and finalize monitoring documents for donors and any other management documents, as required.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Essential: A First university degree in a field relevant to Public Health. *For WHO staff please see e-manual III.4.1, para 220.
Desirable: A Medical Degree and/or an advanced Degree in Public Health.
To Apply Please Click Here
Application Deadline: 28 November 2014
(12 day(s) until closing deadline)
Currently accepting applications
Share this job with friends!!!