There seems to be no end in sight on the much awaited commencement of internship for graduate nurses. You would recall that Nursingworld Nigeria had earlier reported that the meeting had ended with no communique released. Efforts to get the comunique proved abortive as it was decided earlier to be distributed on saturday morning last week only for a turn around decision taken and agreed by all to send it to individual delegates via email.
You would also recall that we had earlier reported that all health related memos were refered to a special committee headed by the HOS, Delta state to scrutinize hence no final decisions.
Confirming our earlier report, Mr Paul Evuarherhe head of service (HOS) Delta state informed a nursingworld nigeria correspondent over the phone this morning that all issues relating to health workers have been sent to a special committee to look at it critically and to determine implications for the various state governments. He added that before any steps are taken, we need the concurrence of the various state governments. Hence no definite decisions on any health related issue was taken at the COE meeting held in ilorin.
He also confirmed he was yet to get an email copy of the meeting communique and promised to forward same to nursingworld nigeria as soon as he gets a copy.
The issues related to the health sector include
- request for the review of year 2000 scheme of service and the adoption of proposed scheme of service for medical and dental officers
- internship for graduate nurses with BNSC degree program in nigeria
- proposal on the harmonized schemes of service for nurses
- internship for graduates of the bachelor of nursing sceinece degree b.nsc program in nigeria
- review of the scheme of service of nursing officers cadre to create internship post for graduates of bachelor of nursing science degree and nurses consultants and their inclusion in the scheme of service of the federation
- request for the inclusion of clinical psychologist cadre in the scheme of service
- request for the inclusion of HND graduates/ health information management in the structure of health record cadre in the scheme of service
- request for the inclusion of call duty allowance of 68% basic salary for staff of medical stores in enugu state ministry of health and state health boards.
- demand for the provision of uniform allowance for healh professionals at the rate payable to nurses.
- request for a new schemes of service for medical laboratory scientists involved in teaching.
- the review of the retirement age for medical professionals i the primary and tertiary hospitals and research institutions
a) medica /dental officers from 60 to 65 years
b) medical consultatns from 60 to 70 years
c) and other health proessionals from 60 to 65years
Share this news with friends!!!