IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium . Our R4D approach is anchored on th development needs of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientist from about 35 countires and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. Please visit http://www.iita.org/ for more information on IITA
Senior Nursing Officer - 2 year renewable contract
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position of Senior Nursing Officer at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
General Nursing duties:
• Accurate vital signs evaluation.
• Pulse Respiration and blood pressure; and
• Wound dressing on routine and emergency basis
• Health education to all categories of staff
• Eye lavage, Ear syringing and administration of parenteral medications
• Setting up of intravenous infusion as the need arises
• Administer all Immunizations
• Visual acquity assessment using snellen’s chart
• Accompanying very ill patients to outside hospitals.
• Incision & drainage of abscesses
• Suturing of some lacerated wounds
• Entry of daily patients’ attendance into the computer
• Management of very ill patients
• Updating of yellow cards to those who are travelling outside the country
• Collection of vaccines
• Washing, autoclaving and storage of instruments used in nursing care
• Replenish the clinic emergency box and resuscitation trolley as need arises
• Management of some clinical cases
• Costing of drugs
• Any other duties as may be necessitated by the absence of any other member of the health team
Qualification, Experience and Skills
Minimum educational qualifications required for the job:
Registered Nurse Certificate/Registered Midwife Certificate with any two(2) of the following:
• Diploma Public Health Nursing
• Tropical Nursing Diploma
• B. Sc Nursing/Bachelor of Nursing Science
• Accident & Emergency Nursing Diploma
• Post Basic Nursing Certificate in Theatre techniques
• Post Basic Nursing Certificate in Paediatric Nursing
• Nurse Practitioners’ Certificate
• Minimum of 5 years relevant working experiences in at least three of the following areas:
• Accident and emergency unit
• Outpatient department and medical wards
• Family Planning Unit/Family Health Unit
• Maternal & Child Health Unit
The ideal candidate must:
• Be able to follow instructions and work independently where necessary.
• Possess good organizational skills and demonstrate ability to work under pressure.
• Be able to carry out basic laboratory procedures such as rapid malaria test, urinalysis and blood sugar using a glucometer.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Please complete our online application form using this link: http://www.iita.org/nrs-online-application.
Closing Date: 27th Febuary 2014
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Share this job with friends!!!