Memorandum of understanding reached at the end of the meeting held between the federal ministry of health and the joint health sector unions (JOHESU) On the 7th and 8th of January, 2014 at the conference room of the federal ministry of health, 6th floor, federal secretariat phase 111, abuja
Following a letter of ultimatum to the honourable minister of health professor onyebuchi chukwu by the joint health sector unions, on the implementaion of agreement reached between government and the joint health sector unions at the meeting held on 26th - 27th august, 2013 in the federal ministry of labour and productivity, the honourable minister of health, invited the unions to a meeting to which he presided on 7th and 8th of january, 2014 to delibrate on the issues contained in the letter under reference.
Present at the meeting were chief emeka wogu, CON, honorable minister of labor and productitivity, nursingworldnigeria.comChief R.o.egbule MFR, Chairman NSIWC, Dr. O.C illoh, permanent secretary, federal ministry of labour and productivity, Ambassador sani s bala, permanent secretary, federal ministry of health and the representative of the head of service of the federation
2) The following were the issues presented by the unions and subsequently deliberated upon:
- constitution of the boards of management of various tertiary health institutions
- increase in retirement age of health workers
- implementation of 2008 job evaluation
- promotion of officers from CONHESS 14 -15
- Presidential committee
- Matters refered to the national industrial court of nigeria
3) After nursingworldnigeria.com an exhaustive deliberation on the above issues it was unanimously agreed that the agreement reached earlier onthe issues stated above in the agreement of 26 -27th august 2013 be implemented within the next seven working days when the meeting will reconvene to monitor progress on the following
- Implementation of skippinig of CONHESS 10
- Issuance of circular on consultants in line with the ruling of the national industrail court of nigeria
- issuance of circular for the payment of specialist allownace to deserving officers
- Issuance of circulars to boards of hospital to begin the process of promotion of eligible officers to CONHESS 15
- Withdrawal of circular on Deputy CMAC to be reviewed by the honourable minister of health
- collective bargaining committe to review the 2009 collective agreement to be set up by the federal ministry of health with the federal ministry of labour and the NSIWC as observers
-The honourabl minister of health to convey the feelings of the unions on the assisgnment of the yayale ahmad presidential committee to Mr president
4) On the proposed appointment of surgeon general, it was agreed that union should write to his excellency Mr president expressing their opinion on the matter.
5) In view of the above understandings which were reached ingood faith and committment ot industrial harmony, the meeting agreed that the ultimatum issued to government by JOHESU is hereby suspended
Share this news with friends!!!