DISCUSSION NOTES AT THE END OF THE MEETING HELD BY THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF LABOUR AND PRODUCTIVITY, CHIEF EMEKA WOGU, CON AND THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF HEALTH, PROFESSOR ONYEBUCHI CHUKWU WITH THE LEADERSHIP OF JOHESU ON JANUARY 23, 2013 AT THE CONFERENCE ROOM OF THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF LABOUR AND PRODUCTIVITY ABUJA
In Attendance www.nursingworldnigeria.com
- Chairman of the National salaries, incomes and wages commision, chief R.O. Egbule, MFR and
- permanent secretary, federal ministry of labour and productivitiy, O.C. Illoh PH.D
Following the ultimatum by the joint health sector unions (JOHESU) to embark on a 3 day warning strike from wednesday january 22,2014 at the honourable minister of labour and productivity intervened and held a conciliatory meeting between JOHESU and the federal ministry of health on Thursday, january 23, 2014.
The meeting reviewed extent of progress made on the resolution of the points in dispute and it was noted that though the federal ministry of health had carried out the implementation of the MOU reached on January 7 - 8 January, 2014 between the parties, the members of JOHESU were not satisfied with the level of implementation.
During dialogue, JOHESU leadership stated that their grievances were two pronged, namely:
- The full implementation of the contents of the MOU dated janauary 7-8 2014
- The release of a circular to capture the salary adjustment on CONHESS which should be backdated to the same date as that of the NMA
After extensive deliberation, the meeting agreed that:
- Settlement of the dispute would be escalated to the level of the secretary to the governement of the federation and the new level would be composed of the representatives of relevnt stakeholders includng both comittees of health of the national assembly as well as the head of the civil service of the federation
- The federal ministry of helath and JOHESU members should submit their respective position papers outlining in a matrix format the extent of implementation or non implementatin of the provisions of the MOUs from 2010 to that of January 7-8, 2014 www.nursingworldnigeria.com
- The proposed meeting should be convened within the two weeks window given by JOHESU
FML&P, January 23, 2014
Share this news with friends!!!