The OAUTHC Ile-Ife Nurses strike assumed a dramatic dimension on 29th October, 2013 during the institution’s Nurses congress/ meeting held at Wesley Guild Hospital, Ilesa unit of the OAUTHC, when a Nurse (now a social worker) at the Wesley Guild Ilesa unit of the hospital was caught video recording the proceedings of the Nurses’ congress with an IPAD device.
The nurse (names withheld) alledgedly confessed to being a spy to the OAUTHC management through the assistance of the Institution’s Chairman of Senior staff association (SSATHURAI). The culprit is also alledged to have been collaborating with the OAUTHC management to ridicule and frustrate the institution’s Nurses in their present struggle towards the implementation of the National Industrial Court (NIC) judgment.
Prior to the present Nurses’ struggle, NAMMN Members were prominent and major financee of the instition’s chapter of SSATHURAI
she further confessed to have been in the habit of revealing the video recording of previous sessions of the NANMN’S congress with her IPAD device.
It was also gathered that she had been noticed severally during the previous sessions of the NANMN’S congress with the device but was ignored as no one could have ever imagined that such betrayal could be possible among the striking Nurses.
She was however disgraced openly to serve as deterrent to other Nurses who may still be serving as spies to the OAUTHC management as the struggle goes on.
It would be recalled that Nurses of OAUTHC (under the umbrella of NANMN) embarked on industrial action since September 11, 2013 to protest the followings:
1. The Institution’s deliberate refusal to implement the 2012 NIC judgment as it applies to Nurses.
2. Privatization of Nursing at OAUTHC Ile-Ife by the institution’s Management.
3. Refusal of the OAUTHC management to implement skipping of CONHESS 10 (as already done for other Nurses in other Federal Health institutions) i.e promotion of Nurses from CONHESS 9 – 11.
4. The use of old scheme of service for Nurses promotion (as already nullified by the 2012 NIC judgment)
5. Conduction of an illegal promotional exercise for 2013,where Nurses were made to sign an Oath renouncing membership of NAMMN against an earlier Court injunction restraining the OAUTHC Management from the above
Share this news with friends!!!