The U.S. Consulate General, Lagos is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Health Unit Registered Nurse in the Medical Unit office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent provides the range of registered nursing health care services, including the rendering of first-aid, immunizations, as well as evaluating and assessing a variety of medical conditions through physical examination, and selecting the appropriate treatment under signed written nursing protocols or referral to the RMO, FSHP or LE Staff medical provider. S/he maintains liaison with local health care providers; conducts health orientations for new arrivals and performs various other medical administrative functions.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
1. Must be a graduate of a professional nursing school or college that has the equivalent of RN training in the U.S. (to be confirmed by the Regional Medical Officer and M/MED) and be fully credentialed/licensed in Nigeria.
2. At least two (2) years of hospital or outpatient nursing is required.
3. Level IV English language ability (Fluent) Speaking/Reading is required.
4. Strong interpersonal skills, client-oriented disposition and familiarity with the American Nursing standards of care is required.
5. Basic nursing skills such as vital sign measurement, injection administration, and bedside nursing care is required.
6. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel applications.
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for US Federal Employment Form (DS-174) or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus
2. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
POSITION TITLE: Health Unit Registered Nurse, FSN-09 (ERR*)/FP-05
OPENING DATE: September 26, 2013
CLOSING DATE: October 9, 2013
WORK HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: OR – Ordinarily Resident– $38,278
Position Grade: FSN-09, ERR*
NOR - Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM - US$50,043
Position Grade: FP-05
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to HRNigeria@state.gov
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: October 9, 2013
Share this job with friends!!!