Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers for the following NA specialties.
Applications should be into any of the following Corps and Services of the NA:
Nigerian Army Medical Corps.
General Nurses and Midwives. Applicants must possess RN/M or minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree in Nursing with full registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
Note: All applicants for Medical Corps, are expected to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies and current practicing license.
3. An applicant must fulfill the following:
a. Be a Nigerian as defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
b. Be male or female between the ages of 22 and 35 years for both serving personnel and civilians. Individuals applying to any of the Chaplain Services or Directorate Islamic Affairs are to be between the ages of 22 and 40 years.
c. Be medically and physically fit.
d. Measure not less than 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
e. Must not have been convicted by any court of law.
f. Possess a minimum of first degree of not less than Second Class Lower Division from a recognized University or HND from a recognized Polytechnic of not less than Lower Credit.
g. Applicants (less serving members of the Armed Forces) must have completed the NYSC Scheme or provide proof of exemption as the case may be.
h. Graduates with registrable professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
i. Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council of birth or valid age declaration.
j. Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
k. Recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. Serving military personnel must be recommended by their commanders.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
4. Direct Short Service Commission will be granted for 10 years, for an initial probation period of 3 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as commissioned officer.
5. All selected candidates will be required to undergo an initial military training.
6. Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant with no advantage of seniority except for fully registered Medical Doctors, Architects, Lawyers and holders of doctorate degree in fields relevant to individual Service who will be commissioned in the same rank but with 3 months seniority.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
7. The following will apply:
a. All applications are to be made online. Application Fee is N2,500.00.
b. To apply:
(1) Obtain a PIN Code from any branch of Ecobank nationwide upon the payment of N2,500.00 Application Fee to the designated cashier with effect from 27th MARCH 2013
(2) Logon to www.nigerianarmyms.org
(3) Select Direct Short Service Commission.
(4) Enter basic details as requested alongside the PIN Code.
(5) Login to begin filling the forms and upload documents and passport.
c. Print Out. Applicants are to complete the form online and upload all required documents stated in the general instructions. Applicants must print out their online generated photo-card on completion of their application. Successful applicants are required to present their printed photo-cards to the selection board during interview.
8. All applications must be submitted not later than 2nd May 2013
Share this job with friends!!!