The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the Program Specialist, HIV Sexual Transmission Prevention (STP) position in the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Nigeria office in Abuja.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent will provide project support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
He/she is expected to contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs aimed at HIV Sexual Transmission Prevention (HIV STP) such as abstinence, mutual fidelity for couples, partner reduction, reduction of alcohol/substance abuse, condom usage, the prevention of and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, and prevention programs for special populations (such as female sex workers, men who have sex with men, people who inject drugs, etc).
The incumbent will also play a major role in the training of counselors, health care professionals and social workers with respect to HIV STP programs. The incumbent insures collaboration among PEPFAR partners involved in HIV STP programs and provides leadership in promoting use of internationally recognized best practices and evidence-informed HIV STP interventions/services among PEPFAR sponsored programs in Nigeria.
NOTE: All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion.
1. A Master’s degree in Medicine (MBBS or MD), Public Health, NURSING or a strongly related discipline is required.
2. Minimum of five (5) years experience, including two (2) years of supervisory experience in sexually transmitted disease prevention or treatment programs, including program planning, implementation and evaluation is required.
3. Professional training and extensive knowledge in HIV/AIDS counseling, testing, practices and procedures; particularly in care and support of People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) is required.
4. Level IV (fluency) Speaking/Writing in English is required.
5. Must have basic computer skills with proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans receive preference. Therefore, candidates must specifically address the required qualifications in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism or conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident (OR) employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently-employed Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR) employees hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired in a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus
2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to HRNigeria@state.gov
POINT OF CONTACT:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261.
To obtain a copy of this announcement, please visit our Mission website at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
Share this job with friends!!!