My Plight; Nursing education the best way forward for the future of nursing in Nigeria.
1) Shools of Nursing : the time has come to merge nursing training with the ministry of education instead of hospital or health ministry training, all sentiment must be put aside towards the Achievement of streamlining the NURSING EDUCATION as our education system is going on the state of moribund, the expectation of Nurses as the threatening extinction in Nursing education should be aptly responded to. I believe that the worst hurricane in the nursing education is not far flesh, the time to build a giant nursing education is now. Nigeria has a system where degrees are RECORDED in high regards if we must considered ourselves as core professionals in the health sector our educational background must be in silhouette of other health Professionals e.g pharmacy, Lab scientist, physiotherapy, etc.
2) issues bordering on Nurses loosing their jobs as tutor of schools of Nursing : sacrifices must be paid if Nurse tutors did not meet the requirements he/ she should be transferred to areas where he can temporary be accepted until they're well qualified with set NUC requirements.
3) nursing called or approved to be HND should be completely abolished as this pose mockery on the profession.
4) lobby for more Faculty of Nursing in the university both State and federal university to awards masters and PHD in various areas of Nursing Specialisation.
5) sponsor bills to regulate nursing education training as soon as possible in awarding degrees.
6) STOP SCHOOL OF NURSING NOW.
Share this news with friends!!!