INTERSOS, is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Location: Ngala, Diwka, Magumeri - Borno State - with travel to other activity sites.
Purpose of the Position
To provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients according to the protocols applied and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and
continuity of care for the beneficiaries.
To undertake health programme activities guaranteeing the efficient and effective sensitization, mobilization and participation of the targeted communities, thereby
maximizing program performance. The nurse shall ensure that supportive supervision isgiven to the community mobilizers, Health Assistants, guidelines set in the health
protocols are followed during program implementation. The nurse shall also ensure that every beneficiary receives adequate medical examination, the required routine and
prescribed medication and referral for additional treatment, as appropriate and according to the protocols.
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security
- rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment in the targeted HF and
- in the mobile clinic. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, performing consultations and other minor medical procedures.
- Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), and
- reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed;
- Be available to oversee screening, treatment and follow up of malnourished patients in the field sites when called upon
- Ability to head the outreach and hygiene promotion team and guide community health volunteers from time to time
- Participate in planning and undertaking health surveys, rapid assessments, as well as in the monitoring and evaluation of the health program activities
- Responsible for providing inputs and data for monthly health activities’ reports in timely manner.
- Participate and update progress in weekly technical meeting with health staff
- Responsible for accurate record keeping, ordering and accountability of health equipment, supplies and drugs (Participating in the department-related pharmacy
- and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of
- medicines and material, etc.)
- Ensure the quality of the health service given in all different locations meet the expected standards.
- Responsibility for the day to day management of project site activities and staff.
- Conduct trainings to build the capacity of staff/volunteers, MoH staff and the community at large
- Performing other related duties within the clinic as may be assigned.
- Diploma in Nursing from an accredited institution
- At least 2 years post qualifying experience in a similar environment as the project sites above
- Possession of a valid practicing certificate.
- Diploma in Nutrition will be and additional advantage
- Experience in implementation of nutrition program will be an additional advantage
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and Hausa Languages
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
- Manages effectively his/her own time as well as flexible and available to work over time when needed
- Willing to be deployed to the newly liberated local government areas
Application Deadline: 10th December, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to INTERSOS career website on docs.google.com to apply
Share this job with friends!!!